Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
The CT200h is very similar to the Audi A3 diesel, and seems similar to me to a high end Prius (in fact the CT takes some of its parts from the Prius...I forget which ones, if it's the engine or what). I didn't consider the A3 because I look up reliability for all cars before I bother, and the A3 has a HORRIBLE reliability record. I test drove the Prius...eh. Pretty bland. And I couldn't get a high end cruelty-free (no leather). That nixed the Prius.

I've read about the Ford Focus hatchback coming out and seen pics. It actually looks similar to the CT, and is slightly larger (I'm guessing the back seats don't fold down flat, because they've gone to extreme lengths NOT to show the cargo area in any pics or videos, which is not a good sign). It supposedly will get 30mpg city/40mpg hwy and cost about $10K less than the CT. I'm going to take a look at that car, for sure. Ford has come a long way with its reliability and styling and mileage issues. BUT...make no mistake. The Lexus is a LUXURY car, and Lexus has proven reliability and quality reputation.

I've looked at other cars, but those are the only ones where I thought they were actual competitors.
The focus is not really a competitor, IMO. If you are OK with the Focus interior, road noise, etc, then the luxury interior of the CT simply isn't worth the money. If you want a really nice interior, the Focus won't cut the mustard. So, do you want a nice interior or is a nice interior not worth the extra money? Answering that question should quickly eliminate either the CT or Focus.

Personally, I want something that is a very nice place to be. This car will see 15k miles/year and I want to be very comfortable and relaxed during my travels. My last car was a Golf GTI. The interior is what sold it on me even though it didn't have the performance of the Mazdaspeed 3 and the Subaru WRX. It was worth the slight compromise in performance to get what was a much better interior. So, my next car needs to be as good or better than my GTI interior.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I didn't like our local Audi dealer very much, but looked at an Audi from the outside at the dealer trying to be fair. It was nice, but the repair record not so good. And the price of diesel not so great either. It was a no brainer to go with the ct200h...
I had a little over 3 years with what is essentially the VW version of the A3 (4 door GTI). Constant dealer visits and the dealer's inability to fix things led me to wash my hands of my first new car. When it was working, the GTI was an amazing car, but when the AC failed on me, for the 2nd time, on a 3 hr drive to Cinci in 98º temps, I had enough. Simply unacceptable for a car that wasn't even 4 years old. It will take a lot of data stating that their reliability is on par with Toyota before I ever consider them again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.