Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Just placed an order for the CT200 coming from an RX350.
Aside from the usual concerns about coming from a bigger and more powerful car, I have a concern about driving in snow/rain. We live in NYC (not the best winters lately) and on a hill. The RX350 is AWD, has that switch for ECT SNOW and you can switch the transmission into a lower gear for traction in the snow - like when trying to get up the hill. From what I see, the CT200 has none of these options. So I am a little concerned about how it would handle under these conditions. Anyone have any experience or read anything about it?
Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to those who responded. I did put in a call to my salesperson about the tires - he used to work for Toyota before Lexus - and he said that the tires that came on the Prius were not the same as the ones on the CT. Those (Prius) were harder and less tread because they were designed for mileage. The ones on the CT (according to him) are normal, all weather, steel belted radials. Guess we will see.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.