Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

The car has 44k miles, rides smooth and very clean inside and out. I just worry about the battery life as I hear that it is very expensive to replace. Does anyone know how long the battery lasts? Are there any issues to look out for? Does it require 91 octane gasoline? Would it perform better if 91 octane used? Any recommendations on extending the life of this car (besides the regular manufacturer recommended maintenance)?

Thank you everyone!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
an inside and out. I just worry about the battery life as I hear that it is very expensive to replace. Does anyone know how long the battery lasts? Are there any issues to look out for? Does it require 91 octane gasol
You want to use normal 87 octane gas. There is zero benefit to use a higher octane gas.
The CT battery is small. There are places that will install a replacement for around $1,400.
Your stock battery should easily last more than 200,000 miles.

The only advice to make it last longer is to always ensure they put 0 weight oil in your car. If you put heavier oil then you can destroy the engine.
Otherwise there is nothing to do to extend the life.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought my CT200h F sport and I don't know what oil company I should go with. I used to have a BMW and I used to put Liquimolly. What do you recommend?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You want to use normal 87 octane gas. There is zero benefit to use a higher octane gas.
The CT battery is small. There are places that will install a replacement for around $1,400.
Your stock battery should easily last more than 200,000 miles.

The only advice to make it last longer is to always ensure they put 0 weight oil in your car. If you put heavier oil then you can destroy the engine.
Otherwise there is nothing to do to extend the life.
Thank you for the info. I will be doing my own oil changes, so I will be sure to keep that in mind.

Even at 100k+ mileage, continue to use 0W oil?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts