Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the risk on this setup and I must say it was a leap of faith and it sure looks good. (in my honest opinion) I could not find +40 for the front but the front looks just about right.

for anyone else looking for a reasonably priced setup here are some pictures. Tires are Continental Extreme DWS 235/35/18 we did try try 225/40/18 but it was to stretched to my liking.

Up next is a small drop of the Fsport springs in the future.

Thanks,
Ryan

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Yeah, those colors do go well together, along w/ the tint. They look gunmetal?

Nice choice in tires, I'm running the same brand and similar specs (225). Even though my 18" wheels are lighter than the stock wheels, the 10mm of extra width and tires that aren't "green" or have low rolling resistance rating, I'm getting about 4 MPG less, but STILL above sticker mileage! :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the the compliments! The Tint is just regular tint that is more on the grey/black side that is common now I think. The wheels are considered Chromium Black. It does look off when looking at the catalogue but in person and this shot it really brings out the actual color. I was looking for gun metal but they did not have one.

Now going to get a full tank of gas and start counting the MPG :) I just got it installed yesterday. The tires are in the trunk so I think once i get the Fsport springs I will have a similar stance at the one in the picture. I gained about 3/4 inch when i took the winter tires off for storage.

BTW.. I did not have any TPMS and I did not get that light on the dash (dont know why).. I hope it stays that way for this setup :)

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
I'm really digging the starfire pearl and tint with wheel colour combo. Didn't the F-Sport model come with F-Sport springs (or am I just confused as what your saying about getting them)?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Our Fsport model only came with "Front and Rear Performance Dampers" and I dug deeper and found that they are dampers that are placed across the rear chassis and front towers. So I assumed they did not include the Fsport springs. I also measured stock to stock with my friends CT200 with premium package (2011 model) and the height was the same... Now I am confused too :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here are some pictures of the installation... Taking pictures took longer :)

sorry could not figure out how to arrange pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
My wife and I just picked up our CT and I was considering adding the Fsport springs as well. Do they drop the front more than the rear for a raked look? I read another thread on here about the drop actually being lower in the rear than in the front, which I am definitely not interested in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The drop is actually the same front and rear. The rear only looks lower because the arches in the rear is already a bit lower compared to the front.

So look at your car now and you will notice that the front has a higher arch compared to the rear.

Good luck!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Do you have any rubbing issues with this set up?

I can't really see from the last picture of the rear tires but is it basically flush with the body or does it stick out just a bit?

I'm looking to do a similar set up but still undecided as I really don't wanna have to roll my fenders.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Looks real good man, very aggressive. Are planning on rolling the fenders are are they rolled already? Also, do you have any rubbing issues? ... And sorry, lol another question, how much do your new wheels weigh?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I like it, have the same exact wheels on my Forester!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.