Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just a heads up.

My CT had a lot of wear on the door side support of the driver's seat back when I took it in for it's 30k mile service (it had done 29.6k miles). It was 2 years and 10 months old.

I complained to my dealer (Lexus Newcastle UK) who told me it was "reasonable wear and tear" and that it would not be covered by the warranty. They did, however, suggest that I could contact Lexus UK should I disagree.

So I emailed several pictures to Lexus UK and a few weeks later got a reply that I could have my seat repaired under warranty.

Photo below. Remember it's a R hand drive car.

So xs seat wear (bad), thumbs down for my dealer but thumbs up for Lexus UK.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
383 Posts
that's pretty bad. do you use any cleaners/conditioners on the seats?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
No, never. I get in and out of the car about 10x on a week day and I'm not a small guy (220 lbs about) but still ...

·
Registered
842 Posts
Unless you use pure silicone to make it slipperrier (new word), no cleaner or conditioner is going to help this type of abrasion wear. I found, in an earlier car of mine, that it was exacerbated by where I carried my wallet. I changed to the other pocket and the excess wear seemed to stabilize. The lead back pocket is better because you can usually have it past the bolster before you collapse into the seat. Just my opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts