Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone confirm if these are available in Canada?

Tried posting on Canada thread but rec'd no reply.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Can anyone confirm if these are available in Canada?

Tried posting on Canada thread but rec'd no reply.

Thanks
While XM is available in Canada, I am not sure about the XM traffic and weather;a quick look at the site didn't show XM traffic and weather

SIRIUS Satellite Radio Canada - Home

I would contact them about XM traffic and weather, and if avaialble ask them about the exact cities you are interested in. 1-888-539-7474

·
Registered
414 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These services are available in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver. Of course, your car has to be equipped with a compatible navigation package. :)

XM Satellite Radio Canada - Specialty Services
I'm assuming Canadian CTs with navigation are compatible with XM traffic and weather? Has anyone in Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver used it?
And what about the weather for different cities?

Seems like in the US you also get stock market info, but I don't think that's avail. in Canada.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm assuming Canadian CTs with navigation are compatible with XM traffic and weather? Has anyone in Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver used it?
And what about the weather for different cities?

Seems like in the US you also get stock market info, but I don't think that's avail. in Canada.
The XM WX weather products will work with the CT's Nav unit, and is available anywhere across North America. However, the $110 per month subscription charge is more the I would be willing to pay for this service.

The weather app on my iPhone is free, and works fine. :cool:

·
Registered
67 Posts
FYI, you may want to consider that the traffic and weather both suck. The traffic is NOT like what you see on the map on an iPhone, but rather ONLY major routes. Pretty much useless for city driving, which is where you need it the most. As for the weather, I don't get it, by the time you are in your car, you know what the weather is like outside, I didn't feel compelled to look at it once during my free trial.

Frankly of the free-trial stuff I got the one that surprised me the most was the enform assist. I use that FAR more than I thought I would and will definitely be signing up once my year runs out...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts