Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was wondering if there is a way to set up the sound system display to scroll through the text for songs, artists, station, etc. I am pretty sure my old Scion tC was able to do that. Called myself looking in the manual and could only figure out how to switch between the displays, but not make them scroll so i could see all of the text.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I was wondering if there is a way to set up the sound system display to scroll through the text for songs, artists, station, etc. I am pretty sure my old Scion tC was able to do that. Called myself looking in the manual and could only figure out how to with between the displays, but not make them scroll so i could see all of the text.
I noticed this too. The manual indicates that a small right arrow symbol (ie ">") should be displayed at the end of the radio status line when there is more info to display.

You then hit the "Text" button to scroll to the remainder of the message.

I've never see the small arrow symbol. :p

·
Registered
237 Posts
I noticed this too. The manual indicates that a small right arrow symbol (ie ">") should be displayed at the end of the radio status line when there is more info to display.

You then hit the "Text" button to scroll to the remainder of the message.

I've never see the small arrow symbol. :p
Me either.

·
Registered
49 Posts
On page 212 of the Navigation System Owner's Manual, it says, "Up to 16 alphanumeric symbols can be displayed. (Some information will not be fully displayed.)"

I'm easily prone to panic attacks and other fits of OCD, but I find that empty chasm yawning at the right, that gaping maw swallowing over half of each line, so distressing that I can't look at it at all. I'm afraid that I'll fall into that space and keep falling, falling, falling so far that I'll never find my way back. :eek::eek::eek:

It also makes no sense. I can see the whole line of text for a song on my iPhone, and I could swear I've seen scrolling text on other XM front ends. Am I wrong about that? If so, what a bizarre corner to cut.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I was wondering if there is a way to set up the sound system display to scroll through the text for songs, artists, station, etc. I am pretty sure my old Scion tC was able to do that. Called myself looking in the manual and could only figure out how to switch between the displays, but not make them scroll so i could see all of the text.

No, i think all we get is the truncated information.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.