Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a bit trouble with the built-in XM radio, all channels are not available. On the XM radio website, I looks like I need to pick a payment plan before using the 6 months free trial. Is this really the case? coz I dont want to spend any money :eek:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Not here, the dealer already had it set up for me when I picked my car up. Where do you live? I only got a 3 month trial.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Cool, I would talk to the dealer to see what is going on, it may be different in Canada. There are several members from Canada on here, hopefully one of them sees this and can answer your question with some certainty.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I've been using my Sirrius radio since I got my CT (May 12th) and most of the channels I check were working just fine.
Not sure what's going to happen in 12 days, though.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I got hooked on the XM/Sirius. After the 3 month free trial going back to regular AM/FM was painful. Went with the $199 for a year unlimited. Nice part of this is that you can get an iPhone/iPad XM free app and have the same capability on these devices as your car. Connect the iPhone or iPad into your home stereo or other connected device and you are getting all the music in your home as well. No extra charges with this option. If you want the XM Traffic (those little 3 cars on the right side of the navigation screen equipped CT200) it will cost you additional. Depends if you are in a high traffic city area where delays are frequent you might want to consider it.
After you subscibe XM sends you a plastic card with all the stations listed. keep it in your car.
Oh, if you like baseball you can listen to your team play as XM has a deal with MLB to get you audio to every team playing. I think there is NFL radio too, so you can listen to an out of market game. It is very good if you like a team from one city but you are living in another. With the iPhone app you can listen to the game from your living room so you don't have to hang out in the garage inside the car.
It just depends if you find value with the service. if you are happy with your local radio stations and don't travel much out of your home area the XM probably is not necessary.
One thing negative about XM is the sector radio stations, i.e 60's, 70's, 80's tend to repeat the same songs. I guess this is understandable if you are limiting music to a particular decade.
I am getting a little tired of "The wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" by Gordon Lightfoot. I think I have heard it a dozen times on "The Blend" XM station. That's more times than I have heard it in my entire life previously.

·
Registered
116 Posts
xm radio is good but 1 bad thing is the sound quality sucks so bad...fm sounds way better than that...since most people have iPhone, so pandora is good alternate way to listen to music :) and for traffic google on iPhone does a very good job too

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Yeah. I agree. I only kept the XM subscription for XM NavWeather and XM NavTraffic.

·
Registered
283 Posts
................After you subscibe XM sends you a plastic card with all the stations listed. keep it in your car......
Hmmm, they took my money last month and I never even got a note saying they billed me :mad:

I am VERY disappointed with the XM sound quality and my wifes Prius doesn't have the volume drop experienced with my CT between FM and XM. Sad to say the FM sounds light years better then the XM. The Sirius subscription I had in my Highlander Hybrid did not have the drop that I'm experiencing with XM and the CT Premium Audio Pkg.:mad::mad::mad:

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Lexus design issue with XM reception?

Hmmm, they took my money last month and I never even got a note saying they billed me :mad:

I am VERY disappointed with the XM sound quality and my wifes Prius doesn't have the volume drop experienced with my CT between FM and XM. Sad to say the FM sounds light years better then the XM. The Sirius subscription I had in my Highlander Hybrid did not have the drop that I'm experiencing with XM and the CT Premium Audio Pkg.:mad::mad::mad:
Sadly, from summarizing and compiling the XM comments it appears that maybe Lexus has an XM design.implementation issue in the CT.

Have owners of other Lexus cars besides the CT, experienced or are experiencing an XM sound level/sound quality problem ?

The reason I say a design or implementation problem, XM is satellite and should be very clear digital sound close to CD/DVD/USB audio levels. It should be better than FM radio and much better than AM radio. Several CT owners have commented that FM radio and IPOD music sounds much better; this really shouldn't be true. And since it is going through the same sound system something must be wrong with the XM reception or the XM interface.

Has anyone contacted their Lexus dealer about this issue ? :confused:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just discovered that (at least in my car, Premium Audio/Nav) the volume drop between FM & XM is due to the fact that the Treble & Midrange were completely maxed out in FM and set to Center for XM. When I raised them for XM, or lowered them for FM, the levels became consistent.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've been using my Sirrius radio since I got my CT (May 12th) and most of the channels I check were working just fine.
Not sure what's going to happen in 12 days, though.
was there anything setting the first time using it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts