Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a Sirius customer for a long, long time, and when my car comes (in a week!) I'm wondering I'd I will have to switch over to the XM plan... Most of the posts seem to indicate the ct has XM, but all the brochures and press kits say"Sirius/xm".

·
Registered
200 Posts
they will be able to add the car to your subscription...no issues...I just did with my 2012 CT and Sirius..even though it comes with XM...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Since they are the same company now, even though the technologies are different, they should be willing to work with current contracts.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I had Sirius (OEM install) in my last car, loved it (mostly for Howard Stern) but also enjoyed the music and sound quality. When I got my CT that came w/ 3 months of free XM, I tried to find a product that would allow me to get the Sirius channel line-up instead, but apparently there's no such thing. There was an "add on" package I could get, that would give me Stern while having XM, but it cost even more per month.

I might have done it, but after hearing the sound quality of the XM radio in the CT, that completely changed my mind. Others on here have complained and noticed the same thing. The sound quality from the FM radio, CD and mp3's on the USB is way better than the XM receiver in this car (I have no idea why). Also, the signal would cut out a lot, even with very little tree cover on a sunny day....a problem I never had in my last car with Sirius.

Sorry, not trying to scare you, but just giving you a heads up. Maybe the problem has been fixed on the 2012 models?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know I've heard that there isn't supposed to be a difference in sound quality between XM and Sirius, but I think the Sirius services have fewer compression artifacts.... but I am sure that it is probably a function of the devices I have heard.

That is really unfortunate. I really wanted to stay with Sirius. XM is meh.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
I can say I have had ZERO sound quality issues on my 2012 thus far....I've used both the XM SAT and through the SIRIUSXM app on my iphone!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
they will be able to add the car to your subscription...no issues...I just did with my 2012 CT and Sirius..even though it comes with XM...
When I called they said an XM equiped car cannot be added to my Sirius account. How were you able to put Sirius on the CT200h? Maybe I asked them something wrong?

·
Registered
200 Posts
ask to speak with a supervisor....one minuite you are talking to someone in bangladesh and the next from TEXAS...:p

·
Registered
842 Posts
When I called they said an XM equiped car cannot be added to my Sirius account. How were you able to put Sirius on the CT200h? Maybe I asked them something wrong?
I had three Sirius radios and when I got my Prius I had to make another account. They are playing with the public by merging but not merging. When it is to their advantage they are one company, when it isn't, they are totally separate.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I had to cancel my Sirius account. Then with your XM account, there's are some Sirius channel lineup addon's for extra $, but your provider is still XM.

If you really want to stay with Sirius, you might need to get a receiver installed in your car. Not sure how TSoprano did what he did.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the info! Got three months free with the new car, so thinking about canceling my account and rejoining with XM when the time comes unless anyone can think of a reason not to do so

1 - 14 of 14 Posts