Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed my transmission fluid today and I noticed that the front Jack location got crushed. Does this happen to anyone else? Should I be concerned?

Photo Aug 06, 3 01 36 PM.jpg

·
Registered
352 Posts
Looks like might've hit something or bottomed out on a speed bump? Can't quite tell from the photo.

·
Registered
383 Posts
ouch...you must of hit something solid.

BTW...welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
180 Posts
In a previous car (2002 WRX), I ran over a large rock and somehow managed to kick it up while it was under the car. It caused a 3 inch protrusion to at the rear passenger floor.

Seems like you'd remember something like this...

·
Registered
383 Posts
You're right. Somehow i missed that fact. Well that's not good...does the jack still fit in that spot?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. It was definitely caused by the jack. As far as i can tell that Jack location is reinforced and there is a second layer of metal under the layer we can easily see. Everything seems fine and I am not really worried about it (although I may paint the scratched metal to help prevent any future rust).

I was just curious what others who work on their own CT by lifting with a floor jack look like. How do your Jack locations look after lifting the car?

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Changed my transmission fluid today and I noticed that the front Jack location got crushed. Does this happen to anyone else? Should I be concerned?

From you picture it looks like you had the floor jack positioned correctly; doesn't appear this should not have happened.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Wasn't it still under warranty and why are you changing tranny fluid for a 2013 car?

·
Registered
71 Posts
What does the top of your jack look like? Usually (including both of my floor jacks) there is a 4 or 5 inch diameter dished metal piece that meets the car. There are Urethane insulation pieces available to fit on these to prevent scratching the underside of your car. My floor jack completely surrounds that part of the car and could not dent it. Your dent appears to have been caused by a jack with a much smaller head area that contacted the car. Or you actually ran over something.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've used the front and rear jacking pads a lot on my 2011 with 90k miles and they still look like new. Normal jacking should not damage the pad like that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, I just noticed that I have the same type of crush on the front jack location on my ct200h.
Is this normal? What type of jack should one use in order to avoid it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts