Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in search of the now discontinued, f sport blue sway bar set. Part no. ptr07-76130

It's a longshot, but I thought I would try anyways.

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200H - 111K
49 Posts
EDIT: DO NOT BUY THE WHITELINE SWAY BAR. IT WILL NOT WORK. SEE MY COMMENT BELOW.

I would just get the Whitline adjustable sway bars which does the same thing if not better
Less than $450 for the front and rear set which is a great deal for the excellent quality compared to OEM.
Upgraded bushings included. I just received my Whiteline front sway and will be installing it soon!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This site says they have that part in stock...
but, I'm not sure, because some websites don't tell the whole truth :)
(or they don't get updated often) - Good luck!
Link : Sway Bars
I have emailed and didn't get a response. I called and the phone number doesn't work. Thanks for the tip tho.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would just get the Whitline adjustable sway bars which does the same thing if not better
Less than $450 for the front and rear set which is a great deal for the excellent quality compared to OEM.
Upgraded bushings included. I just received my Whiteline front sway and will be installing it soon!!

If you could post some info when installing and your impressions after the install, that would be awesome. I'm up for an aftermarket front and rear sway bar set. I like that the OEM piece has a massive subframe reinforcement piece.

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200H - 111K
49 Posts
I have emailed and didn't get a response. I called and the phone number doesn't work. Thanks for the tip tho.

If you could post some info when installing and your impressions after the install, that would be awesome. I'm up for an aftermarket front and rear sway bar set. I like that the OEM piece has a massive subframe reinforcement piece.
I have some pending update.
The Whiteline swaybar will not work on the Lexus CT. The reason why it will not work is because Whiteline does not actually make a swaybar for the Lexus CT. I actually purchased the front sway bar for the vehicle and when it arrived I took it to the mechanic garage and try to have it installed and it would not fit.

The sway bar and links would not even go through the holes on the swaybar. I complained to the website where I bought it from and to Whiteline company and low and behold found out that the Whiteline sway bar Being listed as compatible for the Lexus CT was a mistake by an engineer on their website.

Ironically I have been eyeing this swaybar for over two years now because I’ve purchased my CT about four years ago. I have seen this particular Whiteline sway bar on eBay, and at least 10 different websites. Apparently the person I spoke to her Whiteline said that they complain to corporate that one of the engineers made a mistake and it has not been fixed for so long now and they actually knew about the issue.

So right now I’m actually in the process of sending back the sway bar to redline 360 where I purchased it from and then Whiteline is going to reimburse them and also redline 360 will reimburse me for my expenses. This has been a complete debacle.

If you are a Lexus CT owner, the only aftermarket sway bar that can be purchased for the vehicle is from ultra racing website. And ultra racing does not make a front sway bar for the Lexus CT, they only make a rear sway bar for the vehicle. And the reason is because since our vehicles are front wheel drive they benefit more from a rear sway bar than a front sway bar and the stock sway bar is good enough. I did speak with a director of sales and operations at ultra racing and that was the conclusion with him.

If you do want to improve the handling and performance based on the research that I have done over the last Few days, you would want to get the rear sway bar from ultra racing and then also get either the Megan H brace or the braces from ultra racing on the bottom of the vehicle. I actually installed the Megan HBrace and it was a huge difference in handling performance going through turns and trafficating left and right on the highway. The vehicle is so much tighter in its movements and the connection with the road it has improved greatly. Also installing to Megan HBrace helped to reduce understeer in the car just feel so much better now. I am going to be installing two more braces from ultra racing and also the ultra racing rear sway bar for the Lexus CT. I just ordered them today so it’s going to take some time for them to arrive and then I’ll need to install them and then I’ll let y’all know.

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200H - 111K
49 Posts
If you want to learn more about the handling effects of rear sway bar on a front wheel drive vehicle you can search on Google. Our cars actually have a pretty good front sway bar and after installing the H HBrace I believe that after I install the subsequent braces on the underside of the vehicle there will be no need for a front sway bar. Of course I haven’t driven the F sport model, but I am trusting the engineering expertise of ultra racing Team.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, thanks for the update! I knew it was too good to be true, sadly.

I have experience with adding just a rear anti-sway bar to a FWD car and from what Ultra Racing is saying, it lines up with what I've read and learned about. Adding just a rear sway bar to a FWD car will help reduce understeer. But when you add a larger front sway bar in addition to the rear, it negates that affect.

Did you install the Ultra Racing rear sway bar?

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200H - 111K
49 Posts
Hey, thanks for the update! I knew it was too good to be true, sadly.

I have experience with adding just a rear anti-sway bar to a FWD car and from what Ultra Racing is saying, it lines up with what I've read and learned about. Adding just a rear sway bar to a FWD car will help reduce understeer. But when you add a larger front sway bar in addition to the rear, it negates that affect.

Did you install the Ultra Racing rear sway bar?
Yeah you know I cannot honestly believe that the whiteline sway bar is showing everywhere across the Internet for the Lexus CT. I can’t even imagine how many people have ordered it and had to return it over the last 10 or so years since the CT has been released.

So I just ordered the ultra racing rear sway bar this morning and it’s probably gonna take a few weeks for it to get here in the Pacific Northwest. But I do plan on posting an update after I receive it. For some reason the moderators on this forum have not been checking things recently, or I don’t know what’s happening because I posted two DIY projects and they still have not been accepted by the moderator so I don’t know what’s going on with this forum But I will post my update and experience with the rear sway bar.

Reactions: nw_r

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200h Premium Navi
75 Posts
I have the blue f-sport Swaybar set on my 2012 CT200h. It currently has 238k miles. The car won’t last forever, but I’m not sure how far into the future it will be before it sees it’s demise. I will sell them / trade them for the stock Swaybars when the time comes. They were the most enjoyable modification I’ve owned along with the ultra racing strut tower braces.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the blue f-sport Swaybar set on my 2012 CT200h. It currently has 238k miles. The car won’t last forever, but I’m not sure how far into the future it will be before it sees it’s demise. I will sell them / trade them for the stock Swaybars when the time comes. They were the most enjoyable modification I’ve owned along with the ultra racing strut tower braces.
If you’re willing to sell them, that would be dope. But if you keep regular maintenance with the car and clean the EGR, you’ll probably get another 100k!
I agree with you on how beneficial this modification is. I had it in my prior CT and regret never taking it off before selling it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts