Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll.

Sorry, kinda been under the radar for a little bit. Still waiting on mods, I may be changing suppliers for the lip kit and suspension due to response time and delivery issues.

Here's a fun little write-up on how to access the Service Menu in our CTs with navigation and Remote Touch remotes. The Service Menu provides some good information in terms of HD checks, system checks, and also provides some information on firmware, etc.

Disclaimer: I hold no responsibility for any damage or injury this write up may cause. Thank you.

Step ONE:

Make sure your headlights are set to Auto or OFF. Make sure your car is off.

Step TWO:

With the car off and foot OFF the brake pedal, press the power button once to enter ACC mode. The power button should glow amber.

Step THREE:

Wait for the NAV screen to lift up and for the Lexus logo and Lexus Enform splash screens to complete.

Step FOUR:

Go to your Remote Touch controller and press the Menu button once. Your START screen should show up.

Step FIVE:

Press and HOLD the Menu button. At the same time, cycle your headlights from ON to off/auto FOUR times in rapid succession.

The NAV screen will then enter the service menu.

That's it! Enjoy! Most diagnostics are pretty fast. To clear any error codes, just press and HOLD the CLR CODE button or CLR MEMORY until the screen refreshes.

I had a few errors on mine, but after I cleared the codes, they haven't come back.

One of my error codes was from way back in March! You can also see the version of your firmware too in case of troubleshooting, etc. You can also check to see whether your microphone for the voice recognition/bluetooth systems are working.

NOTE: The HDD CHECK function will take up to 5-10 minutes. So don't freak out if it seems like it's taking a while.

UNDER HANDSFREE VOLUME SETTING, there's an option to adjust your RECEIVE audio level. Does anyone know what this could be for?

Also, I just noticed the Camera Settings button is greyed out. I'm gonna play around. Hopefully, there will be a way to bring back the parking LINES onto the reverse camera screen!!!!!

Good luck.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Looks pretty cool. Thanks Matt. So is this a diagnostics tool only, or are you able to repair software issues as well? When you say you "clear" the error, does that mean the error has been fixed?

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not necessarily. I think it's diagnostic only. However, I don't know what the fault codes are.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Dont you have guidelines in the backup camera shown in the rear view mirror? Seems like a strange thing to remove, or is it a special one for nav-cars?

(sorry for bad photo, its with my mobile in heavy sunlight)

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, he's from outside the US/Canada. Neither NAV nor non-Nav versions have the guidelines here in the US/Canada.

·
Registered
84 Posts
There must be a way of having the guidelines and I highly suspect every car has the software to display the lines.

Can we get the shop manual? The dealer service manual may show this as an option.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
There must be a way of having the guidelines and I highly suspect every car has the software to display the lines.

Can we get the shop manual? The dealer service manual may show this as an option.
The shop manual wouldn't do any good. It is in the programming of the Nav software/firmware and/or backup camera software/firmware. I suspect the ones that show the gridlines and the full RDS display have a different level software/firmware.

In the USA the lack of is probably due to some lawyer saying there could be some potential legal liability issue of indicating distance and it not being exact.

·
Registered
324 Posts
The shop manual wouldn't do any good. It is in the programming of the Nav software/firmware and/or backup camera software/firmware. I suspect the ones that show the gridlines and the full RDS display have a different level software/firmware.

In the USA the lack of is probably due to some lawyer saying there could be some potential legal liability issue of indicating distance and it not being exact.
It is probably the firmware in the CT. I test drove vehicle with the gridlines.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I wonder if you can install a UK firmware into our US CT's.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts