Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It comes complimentary when the car is serviced by them but I'm not sure if they'd be careful not to scratch it.
Has anyone had their CT200H been washed by Lexus service and what was the end result?
If it ends up with swirl marks I would think they would simply deny they caused it.
I am really hesitant and would like to get some feedback on your experiences in this regard.
My CT200H is brand new.

·
Registered
352 Posts
If you just picked up your car, it's probably been washed already by them. I have a lifetime free wash at the dealership for purchasing the car there but don't take advantage of it for the same reason that they will probably cause swirl marks. Swirl marks are cause by small debris like sand and dirt, which you don't see, that is trapped in the wash cloth or dry cloth when they rub it against the car. They use the same cloth on multiple cars picking more dirt before its changed. I purposely chose Tungsten because it is very hard to see the swirl marks unlike black and the other darker colors.

·
Registered
842 Posts
It would strain credulity to think that EVERY time ANY dealer washes your car, they are going to cause irreversible damage. Some dealers do a decent job, some don't. Check your car carefully when they return it and call any problems to their attention right away. I doubt they will deny it unless they think you are trying to rip them off and even then they will probably try to send you out the door with a smile, no matter how much trouble it takes (within reason).

Then, don't let them do it again if they let you down the first time. Remember that old adage: "Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me!"

I have a feeling that most people would never notice the type of "damage" we are talking about. Those that would probably wash their own cars most of the time anyway.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have had it done a few times at the dealer and will not take it to them anymore. The reason is you get what you pay for. Mine has done a terrible job the times I had taken it to them. I will take it to my local car wash and pay for a decent one..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Never again...i brought my ct200 for the first oil change at Don Valley North Lexus and came back with lots of scratches. I complained to the service manager and he said he's going to look at the videos and get back to me.(he never did get back at me).... I never went back to that dealer and never get the free car wash anymore.. I watched them wash cars using brush with a long broom handle.

·
Registered
371 Posts
On my customer profile sheet I have it written, DO NOT WASH CAR. Last time I brought my CT in for an oil change I again mentioned that I didn't want my car washed... Not a problem, they said. Well, when I picked up my car they had washed it and managed to put a small dent in the driver's rear door. Oh, we're so sorry, we're so very, very sorry what can we do for you? I just shook my head and said to get the dent removed. I had to make another appointment to get my dent taken out. What's really funny is that I never got a customer service survey! Is that how they get their high customer service marks with corporate by not sending surveys to customers they know will not give them sterling marks? Makes you wonder doesn't it!

·
Registered
232 Posts
free car wash by Lexus causes swirld marks for me.

i am very attuned to details. i check every corner of my car. i wash my own car with the 2 pails method. but Lexus will spoil it for me.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now I'm confused how I could get them NOT to wash my CT200H. Perhaps put a piece of paper on the dash with the words "Do Not Wash!!!". Having your cusotomer profile sheet marked as such seems not enough.

I don't think I can take it to any other service centre because the warranty is conditional to take it to an "authorised" Lexus motor service centre. And really, only Lexus service centres are authorised.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Placing a piece of paper with “DO NOT WASH CAR” written in thick black magic maker should do the trick. The teenage car jockeys just assume that all cars should be washed after service, but if there’s a note plainly visible on the dash, I’m sure they won’t put the car through the swirl/denting car wash. If your car still gets washed, the dealership has bigger problems than just reading.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Now I'm confused how I could get them NOT to wash my CT200H. Perhaps put a piece of paper on the dash with the words "Do Not Wash!!!". Having your cusotomer profile sheet marked as such seems not enough.

I don't think I can take it to any other service centre because the warranty is conditional to take it to an "authorised" Lexus motor service centre. And really, only Lexus service centres are authorised.
I don't know where you are, but in the USA there is a law that permits you to take your car to any place to get it serviced. Obviously, for warranty work they can require you to go to their shop, but to change the oil, rotate the tires and other service items like that you can either do it yourself or have Uncle Louie do it in the backyard, but make sure you keep the receipts for the oil, filters, etc if they balk later on. That is the rub, you have to prove you properly maintained their car for their warranty to stay in effect, but that is easily doable.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I tell them everytime thye pick it up (or I drop it off) to not wash it - and I always get the "oh well that is a first!"
I have not been happy with the service and my dealership (well I should say parts? Becuase for the 2 recalls - coolant and EGR gasket both times I called and booked, both times they never had the part/coolant!!!!).
If you ever notice too, they usually hire a kid to to to washing etc. so... gawd I guess I am getting old as I am blaming those damn kids! ;)

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
My Lexus dealer apparently has a brush car wash because they significantly scratched my hood with their "Free Car Wash". They were able to repair to my satisfaction, but no more car washes!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yesterday, I saw a black CT loaner car with lots of swirl marks. Loaner cars probably get washed every other day since they turn those around fairly often. So next time you go to the dealer, look at the loaner cars and you'll get a good indication of how the cars will be washed. Usually swirl marks are seen at an angle to the light unless it is really deep, obviously darker color are more prominent.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Yesterday, I saw a black CT loaner car with lots of swirl marks. Loaner cars probably get washed every other day since they turn those around fairly often. So next time you go to the dealer, look at the loaner cars and you'll get a good indication of how the cars will be washed. Usually swirl marks are seen at an angle to the light unless it is really deep, obviously darker color are more prominent.
Well I've owned back cars my whole life except for my CT. My CT is white and I'll never go back to black lol. Swirls are inevitable on a black car.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I bought my Lexus certified pre-owned and it had swirl marks all over it. I compounded them out. Once when they washed it it had scratch marks all across the rear hatch.
that is where aerodynamically the dust and dirt seems to settle. They hand washed it without really thoroughly rinsing it. You have to caution them. They scratched my friends Lexus too! Michael

·
Registered
89 Posts
I used to wash my CT myself, however during the 20,000 mile service the dealership washed my car and did a very nice job. Since then I get it washed at the dealership every other week. They do a great job and wipe down the interior as well. It's not only free, but by the time I have a cup of coffee and donut it's done and I'm on my way.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts