Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13' CT with 17' F Sport Rear
126 Posts
Hey all-

I'm in the market for a CT. The more research I do about the cars, I keep seeing recommendations to stay 2015 or newer. If I find an older model, can it still be as reliable as the +15? Things to look for when checking them out?

Thanks!
I have a 2013 and its the same thing as a 2015 or newer, the car is 99 percent the same and the difference is not worth the price difference. As long as you change the oil and do the egr cleaning you will be fine. I am almost at 100k on my 2013 and have had no problems.

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200h Premium Navi
77 Posts
It could be just a matter of mileage rather than a difference in design or materials in later years. Once the mileage accumulates, I think many will experience the same head gasket issue as 2011 and 2012 model years.

·
Registered
13' CT with 17' F Sport Rear
126 Posts
It could be just a matter of mileage rather than a difference in design or materials in later years. Once the mileage accumulates, I think many will experience the same head gasket issue as 2011 and 2012 model years.
Yea the lower milage the less issues, I got my 2013 with 70k miles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2013 and its the same thing as a 2015 or newer, the car is 99 percent the same and the difference is not worth the price difference. As long as you change the oil and do the egr cleaning you will be fine. I am almost at 100k on my 2013 and have had no problems.
I have 2012, I replaced egr, preventive move, 112K runs very well,mine is a premium.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just got a Black 2014 F-Sport with Nav (62k miles) 2 tone caramel + black interior, very cool car for less than 1/2 the original price. Still very reliable, if you can find one with few owners that took good car of it. 2014 is when they changed the front.
Paid Lexus dealer to do a comprehensive checkup ($250) and they said everything is perfect, battery is good, tires are good (small alignment needed) - they put a Lexus Certified sticker on the door sill!
Don't forget to clean the Vent grill for the batteries, next to the passenger rear door. at around 90k or sooner, mechanics also recommend to clean the white air fan-motor next to the battery on the rear. some Prius even come with a filter you can place behind the grill...(also needs cleaning to preserve the battery life)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just got a Black 2014 F-Sport with Nav (62k miles) 2 tone caramel + black interior, very cool car for less than 1/2 the original price. Still very reliable, if you can find one with few owners that took good car of it. 2014 is when they changed the front.
Paid Lexus dealer to do a comprehensive checkup ($250) and they said everything is perfect, battery is good, tires are good (small alignment needed) - they put a Lexus Certified sticker on the door sill!
Don't forget to clean the Vent grill for the batteries, next to the passenger rear door. at around 90k or sooner, mechanics also recommend to clean the white air fan-motor next to the battery on the rear. some Prius even come with a filter you can place behind the grill...(also needs cleaning to preserve the battery life)
They never made the caramel interior on the F-Sport. Only black or red, so if your steering wheel doesn't have the F-Sport embedded into the bottom of it, you might have gotten duped with fake exterior F-Sport badges.

·
Registered
9 Posts
They never made the caramel interior on the F-Sport. Only black or red, so if your steering wheel doesn't have the F-Sport embedded into the bottom of it, you might have gotten duped with fake exterior F-Sport badges.
Maybe you are not as CT informed as you think...
This is exactly the F-Sport I got. 2014, same interior color, NAV , Parking sensors, etc.
Plus I took it to the Lexus dealer and they checked the VIN and it's legit. They certified it.
2014 CT200h, caramel two tone interior

·
Registered
15 Posts
Maybe you are not as CT informed as you think...
This is exactly the F-Sport I got. 2014, same interior color, NAV , Parking sensors, etc.
Plus I took it to the Lexus dealer and they checked the VIN and it's legit. They certified it.
2014 CT200h, caramel two tone interior
Well I'm glad that you didn't get duped. I was just looking out for you bc you are new here... I actually got that information from this website, which is apparently wrong: Lexus CT 200h Colors
I know when I bought my 2011 CT, they didn't make the caramel interior on the F-Sport, only black. I really do like the caramel interior but I don't like the black headliner that you have on the F-Sport bc it makes the car feel smaller. It's much better in white, but that's a trade off and also subjective...Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well I'm glad that you didn't get duped. I was just looking out for you bc you are new here... I actually got that information from this website, which is apparently wrong: Lexus CT 200h Colors
I know when I bought my 2011 CT, they didn't make the caramel interior on the F-Sport, only black. I really do like the caramel interior but I don't like the black headliner that you have on the F-Sport bc it makes the car feel smaller. It's much better in white, but that's a trade off and also subjective...Welcome to the forum!
Don't worry my friend, I think we may be both right, and your info may be correct for 2011.
Enjoy your CT, it's a great luxury hybrid!

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200H - 111K
61 Posts
LOL.... I would kill for black headliner. My CT has the white headliner with everything else black. The car is just not as sexy as it could have been with the all black.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts