Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i just received my "real" wood dash panel. it is nice quality but i can not be sure that it is real genuine wood. it is from lexus and the description says genuine wood. looking at the edge it is impossible to tell where the wood ends and the plastic begins. the dealer i bought it from said no one has ever questions him.

so, if you have the panel, can you tell it is real or does it feel like plastic?

·
Registered
180 Posts
As far as I know "yes", but it looks to be so thin a veneer that it's hard to tell. It is also "finished", so the top surface isn't the wood. In short, it is, but not so much! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
i just received my "real" wood dash panel. it is nice quality but i can not be sure that it is real genuine wood. it is from lexus and the description says genuine wood. looking at the edge it is impossible to tell where the wood ends and the plastic begins. the dealer i bought it from said no one has ever questions him.

so, if you have the panel, can you tell it is real or does it feel like plastic?
So the philosophical question is if it's real wood but you can't tell it's real then then should we be dissatisfied the product?

Maybe the fake stuff today is too good?

:p:p:p:p

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
LOL. I think it's a cost issue as well. I hope that if I'm spending that much for a little piece of trim, it better be real at least.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts