Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
I ordered my CT about a week ago. It is supposed to take 2 weeks. The dealership has called me twice and is offering me the same model but with Nav at a significantly reduced price (about 2k off msrp). I ordered mine without Nav because I don’t care for how it looks on the dash...functionally I am sure it is great.

Just curious...if you got it do you like it? If you didn’t get it...do you wish you had? I’d like to hear your opinions.

Thanks
where did you order from that they are delivering in a week? Cripes i'm still told 4 months

· Registered
100 Posts
Another point about Navigation is that one has to buy Premium first. That adds $1780.. Plus I believe at least where I live one needs to get the Premium sound system with the Nav at $3545 together. So we are at $5325 + Tax = ~$5700. Money can double every 8 years if invested well. If a CT buyer was age 25 and didn't spend that $5700, but invested it instead, at age 65 they could have an $182,400 extra for retirement. This shows the power of compounding.

Ok.. so this number is dramatic... maybe your investments wouldn't do so well as I'm assuming. Mainly I'm making a point, especially for younger people... Spend your money wisely, save as much as you can, forgo a few luxuries that you can't really afford when young...

In this case, buying a smart phone with FREE voice turn by turn Navigation MIGHT be wiser choice for the younger tech savvy person who should be saving for retirement. Older people with plenty of cash can afford these integrated luxuries...
we all draw the line between want and need in a different place.

someone who just bought a yaris could say everything you just said about you buying a ct!

we all work hard for our money. some save for tomorrow, some spend for today. i can't think anyone is ever wrong :)

· Registered
100 Posts
I bought an early CT, first week of March. The Black/Caramel that was in stock did not have nav, and i purchased. The two things, after 5 months, that i wish i had were perforated seats (important on long drives) and nav. I think the nav option is really mis-titled. Its an information pod, with navigation being but one element.

I think next year I'll noodle on trading in on one with nave....
that's a good point; it controls climate, stereo, radio, enform, phone, backup camera... and nav.

I still don't think there is a right or wrong answer, we all have different opinions and needs. some of us are find with using a phone, some of us want to use a robust integrated solution... it all works if we're all happy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.