Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
371 Posts
I have navigation on my CT200h, but I'm not impressed with it at all... Too many electronic "bongs" at intersections and too many directions given out... even through the turn by turn directions are given by a very plesant female voice. I have navigation in my Acura TL and it's far better -- easier to use (less steps to enter), less talking and you can enter and change destinations while driving -- all while using minimal voice commands. Except for the digital/visual rush and toy factor, I don't think I'd spend the money for navigation in a Lexus again.

· Registered
371 Posts
Couldn't disagree more. i chose not to get the NAV even though i can afford it - it is merely a waste of money to me. i did get NAV in my fully-optioned-out SUV thinking the grass was greener like you said, but as i quickly found out: the Toyota/Lexus NAV blows (and it is documented all over car forums on the internet that it notoriously stinks compared to Honda/Acura's Nav). the added functionality of the integrated system may be nice, but, IMO, clearly not worth the added cost.

But as i qualified with all my opinions, that's just me. hopefully it has been the life-changing savior fulfilling your childhood dreams for a measly $2-3k for which i am very happy for you ;)
I agree with you totally jcpharm... the Toyota/Lexus navigation isn't half as good as the navigational system I have in my Acura TL. The navigational system in Honda/Acura is far superior in all respects... and, you can switch between a male or a female voice. A lot of times I tune my wife out for talking too much... just like I do with the lady that lives in my Lexus navigational system. Also, the front speakers mute the audio in the TL so you hear directions clearly without competing with the radio chatter.

· Registered
371 Posts
Navigation System

Does anyone know how or if there is a way to override the navigational system so you can put in a destination while moving? I don't want to use the e-destination trial feature from Lexus. I get scared when someone I don't know talks to me in the car and knows all about my position and the model and color of my car. Yikes! I feel so exposed and that Big Brother is watching me and my every move. :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.