Lexus CT200h Forums banner

Wiper Blade Installation

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  burstaneurysm 
#1 ·
Hi, peeps!

I'm having a tough time installing the passenger side wiper blade (the entire blade).

I confess that I didn't know the dealership only changes the insert and ... hoping to be frugal... Have now bought three different blades in an effort to get the installation right. (I don't know what I did with the original one-- I think I there it away when I changed the blade the last time.)

The current blade I have came directly from a Lexus dealership. The problem is that after I slide it into the hook, the right side stays popped up at an angle and the entire blade doesn't sit correctly on the windshield. It's clearly not looking right! I must be doing something wrong.

Any suggestions are very much appreciated.

#2 ·
So after you've gotten the old blade off the arm, you're left with the little U hook.
You basically want to pass the wiper over the U hook and then pull the wiper up so it catches under the hook. Then you just give a little pull and then you should be good to go.

If that doesn't work for you, take a picture of your blade and post it up.

#5 ·
Pic is too small for me to say what went wrong here. This is a super simple installation, but for future reference, consider taking your car to a Toyota dealership like I do. They charge me about 20 bucks for BOTH blades and install them for free.

Like I said, the pic is a bit small for me to see well on my work computer, but it seems that the blade did not properly insert into the last slot in the wiper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.