Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone on the forum who is getting winter tyres has done any research on this and what tyres you might be considering getting when the temperature drops? I plan to order a set in the next few weeks as there was real problems getting them in the UK last winter. Have had experience of Nokian WRG2's on preious car but the CT tyre is much narrower ad dont know how it will perform. Any advice or thoughts most welcome.

Cheers

Kev

·
Registered
209 Posts
My dealer (Lexus Newcastle) recommended some Hankooks. I am awaiting a written quote from them, as distinctly remember him saying they were around £100 but Blackcircles.com has the Hankook Icebears (215/45/R17) at £185.

I think I'll buy a set of Lexus 16" alloys too. Call me vain but I don't want a £30K+ car to look crap with any old steel wheels for 6 months of the year.

(PS it's a real shame you can't use data data DVD Rs with loads of mp3 tracks in the stereo, but there's lots of other ways to get music in the car. I love the sound system)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Please search other threads - I have posted a few messages about this subject already.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Just wondering if anyone on the forum who is getting winter tyres has done any research on this and what tyres you might be considering getting when the temperature drops? I plan to order a set in the next few weeks as there was real problems getting them in the UK last winter. Have had experience of Nokian WRG2's on preious car but the CT tyre is much narrower ad dont know how it will perform. Any advice or thoughts most welcome.

Cheers

Kev
Just got mine last week in preparation... I got the Blizzak WS70's. I've always had good luck with them on other vehicles.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Blizzak+WS70

·
Registered
169 Posts
I think I'll buy a set of Lexus 16" alloys too. Call me vain but I don't want a £30K+ car to look crap with any old steel wheels for 6 months of the year.
OK: you're vain. ;)

I'd be interested if anybody has found steel rims for a CT at all. I'm not bothered about appearances myself (can't see the wheels when I'm driving the car anyway) and would have been perfectly happy with steel rims, but I couldn't find a supplier anywhere. Not for 15", 16" or 17" rims. I had no choice but to go for alloy.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My dealer (Lexus Newcastle) recommended some Hankooks. I am awaiting a written quote from them, as distinctly remember him saying they were around £100 but Blackcircles.com has the Hankook Icebears (215/45/R17) at £185.

(PS it's a real shame you can't use data data DVD Rs with loads of mp3 tracks in the stereo, but there's lots of other ways to get music in the car. I love the sound system)
Why do you need anoth set of wheels? Just swap the tyres and send the summer ones to the tyre hotel for winter. I did this last year and cost £40 for the 4 x tyres which was better than storing them in already full garage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts