Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys - I am new to the forum, and am likely going to be leasing a new CT200h this week.
Do any of you drive yours in the winter? What's it like driving a hybrid in the snow? Does it affect fuel economy?
Thanks!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I live in the front range in Colorado and had my CT last winter here. The fuel economy goes down, but not by much. The stock tires are useless when the roads are covered in snow, I swap them out for snow tires between late November to mid march. The other thing is if the snow is deep, the CT doesn't have much clearance, I have gotten stuck before, though it was still with my stock tires. But when it's that deep you probably shouldn't be driving anyway. With snow tires I may have been ok that day.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I live in Ohio and plan on getting snow tires too. I don't think the CT200h drives that well in heavy rain, I can't imagine how it must drive in the snow with the regular tires.

232 Posts
I am interested to hear from owners of CT200h from Northeast. I have also seen a lots of Scandinavian countries owners from the gallery section and was wondering how they cope with their severe wintry driving. Me from North NJ and plan to change to Conti Contacts for the winters. TireRack got terrific mounted packages w/TPMS ready. I chose the CT over the Impreza for its luxury and high mileage. Impreza's ride was choppy and its throttle by wire was no smooth at all. People tell me to change to all fours rather the two only. Any comments from others?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've only had my CT for about a week, but I definitely plan on putting snow tires on the vehicle before the Toronto winter. 4... not 2! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts