Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another really stupid thing just discovered.
The button to lock the functionality of opening/closing windows, not only locks the windows for other passengers, but locks them even for the driver!
So when a child plays with the window and you want to close this window, forget it. You lock the windows but you discover that neither you can close it. You unlock the windows and you try to close it and there comes the child again and opens it before it is closed... Nightmare!
Never have faced such a behaviour from any cars that I have used with a window locking functionality.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Every Japanese brand car I have owned is this way (Honda, Infiniti, Acura, Toyota, Lexus, Mazda). Only American cars leave the master window switches on when the window lock is engaged. I've never owned German, so no comment on the Euro brands.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Every Japanese brand car I have owned is this way (Honda, Infiniti, Acura, Toyota, Lexus, Mazda). Only American cars leave the master window switches on when the window lock is engaged. I've never owned German, so no comment on the Euro brands.
Could have sworn that my previous WRX and the wife's previous Forester worked like the Ford.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We also own a Mitsubishi Outlander and this functionality works THE RIGHT WAY.
I don't have any experience for any, other than Lexus and Mitsubishi, Japanese brands.

·
Registered
609 Posts
And speaking of windows, if someone in the back seat (passenger side) opens the window, and the rest of the windows are close, you will get a really really uncomfortable sonic boom effect on your right ear when the car is moving. You will have to open the front passenger window a crack to equalize the pressure. I have never experienced this in other cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts