Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forum,

I’ve had my CT200h for less than a year and love it but one issue I don’t like is that my interior windows fog up very easily. It can even be dangerous when it comes on unexpectedly while driving. I have to blast the front and rear defogger and crank the a/c and it’s already a tad cold out. I’m in San Francisco so dealing with that climate. I’m concerned that this problem will get worse but n the rainy season and don’t want to to on a/c when it’s already cold.

Anyone else having this experience? Any advice? Thanks folks, T

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey T

This time of year it tends to happen with the weather changes. Same thing in Seattle.

Obvious things to check:
-Clean cabin filter
-Not using recirculating air, correct? I feel like the A/C by default switches to recirc, but you want fresh air
-Windshield is clean (obvious, but you know...)

It's not the worst thing to use the A/C as it also dehumidifies. Plus it doesn't have to be on cold to work!

Some folks carry those little damprid bags in their cars, but I feel like in moisture rich environments it's a bit of an uphill battle not worth fighting/buying.

·
Registered
340 Posts
You do know you can have AC on with heat?
One thing I love about my CT is that it never steams up compared to other cars I’ve had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey T

This time of year it tends to happen with the weather changes. Same thing in Seattle.

Obvious things to check:
-Clean cabin filter
-Not using recirculating air, correct? I feel like the A/C by default switches to recirc, but you want fresh air
-Windshield is clean (obvious, but you know...)

It's not the worst thing to use the A/C as it also dehumidifies. Plus it doesn't have to be on cold to work!

Some folks carry those little damprid bags in their cars, but I feel like in moisture rich environments it's a bit of an uphill battle not worth fighting/buying.
Thanks for the tips Chocolates. I have been using recirc a lot because of the smoke out here but I will check. Will also give the windows a good clean to make sure.

How would I check the cabin filter?

thanks again... T

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You do know you can have AC on with heat?
One thing I love about my CT is that it never steams up compared to other cars I’ve had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Stormchaser, I will try ac with heat. Will be happy if that works:) Had never occurred to me to try.

·
Registered
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
34 Posts
yeah if you make your windows TOO cold with the A/C, you'll just have the opposite condensation problem. You have to use defrost with the heat and A/C for the best results. It doesn't have to be hotter than you're comfortable with. But the hotter the air, the more capacity it has to absorb water off surfaces like the windows.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Fully understand the smoke issue! We've turned back to rain in Western Washington, so that's done thank goodness for us. Hope you're safe. Two friends lost their places in Bonney Doon after the fires. Crazy stuff.

Cabin filter is in the glove box.
I just googled, this was the first tutorial that came up:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah if you make your windows TOO cold with the A/C, you'll just have the opposite condensation problem. You have to use defrost with the heat and A/C for the best results. It doesn't have to be hotter than you're comfortable with. But the hotter the air, the more capacity it has to absorb water off surfaces like the windows.
Thanks Tobias, I’d been assuming it was the cold air that was helping so this is very helpful information. I look forward to testing out the ac with heat.
Cheers!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fully understand the smoke issue! We've turned back to rain in Western Washington, so that's done thank goodness for us. Hope you're safe. Two friends lost their places in Bonney Doon after the fires. Crazy stuff.

Cabin filter is in the glove box.
I just googled, this was the first tutorial that came up:
So helpful....thanks a ton :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts