Lexus CT200h Forums banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Sweet!

It's funny - I had a 2004 G35 coupe that was replaced by my Prius. Maybe we really are twins?
Wow, I had an 04 G35 coupe too! (graphite color - sold that one for the 08) That is tooo funny. What a coincidence. :p

·
Registered
208 Posts
Looks awesome, but here in the UK it's illegal to tint the front and front side windows :(
It's illegal here in the US as well. While I was picking up my car, I had a long discussion about it with a police officer that was also picking up his car.

He told me that in all his years of being a traffic cop, he had never written a tint-related ticket. He said the only time any officer will write one is due to the offender's attitude. If you act like an a$$, then they will cite you.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Looks awesome, but here in the UK it's illegal to tint the front and front side windows :(
The UK spec CT200h has privacy glass in the back, fronts are tinted.

You can add further tint to the front providing they do not block more than 70% of light, the local Police can check this in the UK as they carry light meters with them, if found they will rip it off.

Don't you just love them! :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
It's illegal here in the US as well. While I was picking up my car, I had a long discussion about it with a police officer that was also picking up his car.

He told me that in all his years of being a traffic cop, he had never written a tint-related ticket. He said the only time any officer will write one is due to the offender's attitude. If you act like an a$$, then they will cite you.
Don't assume the cop you spoke with speaks for all of them. Many cops see it as a safety issue because it's next to impossible to see inside the car on a traffic stop, especially at night and the tint is dark. I'm retired now, but I spent 30 years as a cop here in California and knew several patrol and motor officers who would tag the driver if he or she could not be seen due to the tint on the driver's window. That's the basis of why it is illegal to tint the driver and passenger's window in California and several other states (and presumably the UK).

·
Registered
60 Posts
Had the car done 35% front windows and 20% rear windows and rear windshield. I believe this is the legal limit in Florida. Looks good, wouldn't drive a car without window tinting down here due to the heat. It is also important to get non metallic based tints, so as not to interfere with the vehicle electronics.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Wow, I had an 04 G35 coupe too! (graphite color - sold that one for the 08) That is tooo funny. What a coincidence. :p
Do you or "dgstan" miss your G? I'm driving an '04 DG sedan right now; love the car but am sick of such crappy mileage, even with 75% highway driving. I'm really interested in the CT, already test drove one 2 weeks ago. Just now need to convince myself that I can justify getting a new car. I'll spend 1/2 the amount on gas if I switch to the CT. :eek: With today's current gas price,that would save me $2,000/year given the amount I drive each year (25k miles).

·
Registered
208 Posts
Do you or "dgstan" miss your G? I'm driving an '04 DG sedan right now; love the car but am sick of such crappy mileage, even with 75% highway driving. I'm really interested in the CT, already test drove one 2 weeks ago. Just now need to convince myself that I can justify getting a new car. I'll spend 1/2 the amount on gas if I switch to the CT. :eek: With today's current gas price,that would save me $2,000/year given the amount I drive each year (25k miles).
I don't miss my G35 at all. Mine had so many interior-related problems that it spent more time in the shop than my garage. The worst was the fact that the driver's seat shifted every time I put on the brakes. After 3 visits to fix it, I was finally told that this was normal. Can you imagine the seat moving when you applied the brake? It was so disconcerting and I never got used to it. On top of that, the car rattled so bad that it was embarrassing to have a passenger. If it was cold, the dash sounded like a tin can. If it was warm, the rear deck was the culprit.

I don't know if I had a lemon of not, but I eventually traded it straight across for a Prius.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I don't miss my G35 at all. Mine had so many interior-related problems that it spent more time in the shop than my garage. The worst was the fact that the driver's seat shifted every time I put on the brakes. After 3 visits to fix it, I was finally told that this was normal. Can you imagine the seat moving when you applied the brake? It was so disconcerting and I never got used to it. On top of that, the car rattled so bad that it was embarrassing to have a passenger. If it was cold, the dash sounded like a tin can. If it was warm, the rear deck was the culprit.

I don't know if I had a lemon of not, but I eventually traded it straight across for a Prius.
Wow, Dgstan you definitely had a bad apple. My 04 was great, the 08 was even BETTER. No problems from either.

Jimmy: I don't miss my G37 simply because I don't miss the premium gas prices I used to pay. Yes, the G37 was much quicker of the line. However, the CT is more comforable and VERY fun to drive IMO.. (especially after driving the Prius for over year...EEK)

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have had my car windows tinted, this is my 3rd lexus and will always have them done. It makes the car look better and easier on the eyes from inside.

View attachment 37122

Love the new color with the beige interior.
Sorry, now back to the tinting windows. Looking good Camel!! ;-)

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts

Wow, sorry to hear that man. I've had mine for 6 years or so, 152K miles on it right now and no major problems. I did have some rattles during the first 2 years but got them fixed at the dealer.

Damn, you went from the G to a Prius!? Wow....that's a big change. How are you liking your CT?

21 - 40 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.