Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hopefully next week. (35% all the way around)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Last week I had 35% put on all the way around. I was kinda torn between that and 20%, but erred on the side of caution since tint is illegal here. I must say it looks fantastic on the Starfire Pearl. Perhaps I will go snap a picture for you all since I just washed and waxed it yesterday.

Funny story: Before I bought the car, Yelp had a special deal for the highest-rated tint shop in the area, so (knowing I was going to get a new car) I snatched it up. After I bought the CT, I called the shop and they said due to the Yelp deal, they were booked for weeks. I then asked the guy if there would be any issue with the being able to tint a brand new model that had just been released. He asked me what I had and when I told him I had a new CT200h, he said "bring it in tomorrow morning - I've been dying to check that car out". Luxury has it's privileges, I guess.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Very nice! Was this done at the dealership?

I've never tinted a car before. What's the cost for this?
This was done at a local tint shop that came very highly-rated. In fact, I was told they were the first tint shop in the country to be rated 5 stars on Yelp.

I doubt the dealers here would do tint since it is against the law.

The total cost was $225 (before $60 coupon), which was normal for this size car despite the many small windows that had to be done. I'm sure you can find it cheaper, but these guys stand behind their work and don't force you to deal with the manufacturer for warranty issues.

After it was complete, the owner took a picture for his wall of fame.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Dgstan: You're right. It looks awesome.

BTW, what is the next lighter percentage? (under 35%)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Dgstan: You're right. It looks awesome.

BTW, what is the next lighter percentage? (under 35%)
It actually works different. 35% means it allows 35% of the light in. The next darker would be 20%, the next lighter was 50% (although he said they had a 40%, but everyone might not offer it).

·
Registered
410 Posts
I got mine done today 35% all the way around. Now we're twins. -)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Drove straight from the dealer 3/2/2011 and had 20% installed all around. I was quite apprehensive at first but, the dark tint on this silver car looks fabulous. Where I live 35% is the legal limit but, was able to get Dr. to state I needed the extra tint for my eyes (photophobia). Now just waiting on my new wheels to come in.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.