Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be picking up my CT Friday. Before I pick it up, I need help.

I am having the windows tinted. The Lexus ES I had the rear window was tinted. Whenever a car came up behind me at night their headlights were displayed between each rear window heat wire. This nearly drove me crazy seeing all of those headlights behind me coming from one car. Are those of you who have tinted your windows on your CT having the same problem? My problem may have been installation problem or the slant of the rear window.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
To make my post above more clear, I will describe the problem alittle differently.

With the window tint on the ES, when I would look out the rear window thru the mirror I would see the same image in the spaces between the heat wires. It was like looking at a broken mirror. Each piece had the same image. If this is not happening to the rest of you that tinted your windows, I will go ahead and have the rear window tinted also.

My question is did tinting the rear window change what you see thru the rear view mirror at night?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi All,

The silence tells me that you do not understand my question. That is good because it means you have not had the problem. I have decided to go ahead and tint the side windows and the rear window.

If the car came in today as scheduled I will pick it up Friday. I will try to post pictures this weekend.

·
Registered
137 Posts
dkid, I know what you are talking about. I had a similar issue with an old Integra. I tend to believe it was a combo of all the factors you mentioned above: angle of window, installation and %age tint. If the blade used to cut the slits on the heat/defroster elements was dull and the tint is darker than 30%, the light sneaking in via those slits will do weird things... especially on dark tint on tight angled windows. I had 20% tint on the back of my Legacy and it was great as far as light sneaking in causing weird effects but boy was backing up into a parking space at night an adventure...

I'm planning on going 30% on the rears and 35% on the two front windows... 35% just seems too light for the rears and 20% is too dark for me nowadays.

I hope you hear good news tomorrow about the ride... my last update was on Monday evening that the car was on a train in N.M. (so another week)... I'm hopeful for a 4/18 - 4/19 date.

Good Luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts