Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just got my ct on the 4th and I have my dog in the back. When I drive with both back windows open I makes a annoying sound of the air circulation. So bad that it hurts your ears... However, if you open the front windows a little the noise dissipates.

Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
232 Posts
windows open, you have wind noise.

isnt that normal?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Unfortunately it is normal. It is a weird buffeting noise and yes it is very annoying almost painful.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
842 Posts
Try putting one of the windows up a little bit and experiment. Sometimes unusual results. In my convertible raising the right side windows half way reduced the noise and buffeting more than when they were all the way up (with the top down).

Maybe you can adjust the noise by playing with the height of the windows or venting in outside air from the A/C unit.

My dog prefers air conditioning.

·
Registered
18 Posts
As mentioned by pretty much everyone above, this is definitely a 4-door vehicle issue. Something that I found, is that if you want to reduce the weirdly painful pulsing sound, you can open the other windows down a crack. For example, if you want the 2 front down, open the 2 back ones about an inch, and vice versa. THE BEST solution I have ever tried to minimize this problem, is to install some side window visors. My family has them on EVERY car that we own, and it pretty much makes it go completely away. This was going to be my very first mod on my car, but sadly, you would have to get the $400 (or something) JDM ones because they don't really have them out for the CT. I have, however, been spamming Weathertech about how much I want/need their side window deflectors and digitalfit floor mats. Everyone spam with me!!! :DDDD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts