Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently read about the latest Prius, which has improved hybrid technology, providing an approximate 10% increase in fuel economy. That is 55mpg in the 2016 Prius compared to 43mpg in the 2016 CT if I understand correctly. The new Prius has received high praises, and I'm actually quite surprised that the 2016 CT wasn't concurrently released with this upgraded tech. I also think that the CT is due for a HP upgrade, at very least for the F-Sport model.

Has anybody heard any news of the 2017 CT? What are your thoughts on what the 2nd gen CT should incorporate in terms of style, technology and performance?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes- 2017 Model Lexus CT200H will be based on the new Prius platform- granted with enhanced Lexus touches!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes- 2017 Model Lexus CT200H will be based on the new Prius platform- granted with enhanced Lexus touches!
When I posted the question, I thought it was all speculation, but I went and talked to my dealer about it and he had a surprising amount of details about it! Probably the most shocking, he said that the HP may be up all the way to 200hp...that would make this thing drive like a completely different car, all while still having the upgrade to 55mpg. Insane.

He showed me the renderings on lexusenthusiast.com and I wasn't very impressed. Honestly, I like the current f-sport design much more. Especially don't like the look of the rear end. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised with the actual release.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts