1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
i wonder too, id love to purcahse one of these things

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looks to be about the same size but has a modified spindle to allow for a greater air flow. people used to modify SU carburettor throttle spindles in a similar manner in order to acheive the same effect. Good old method, works very well... better response throughout the rev range.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The price appears to be $750 at the current yen to dollar conversion rate. It does appear to have a slightly larger throat. I would like more specifications.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Why? This car is meant to get great gas mileage.

If you want a cheap toy to mod and go fast get a different car.
This car will never be considered fast, I don't see the point in wasting $ on go fast parts that potentially could yield a horsepower or two, at the potential cost of poor gas mileage.

On a car like my vette where a cam / TB / intake manifold and tune will yield 100hp at the expense of a mpg or two, I'm game.
But trying to make a hybrid vehicle fast seems pointless to me.

And I'm not referring to a hybrid vehicle such as an F1 car with KERS. ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I ran the Japanese description from their web site thru an internet translator program and this is what it sort of says:

shaft to thinner processing center (a flat one side of the shaft processing and Planarization) to reduce the air flow resistance to both the amount of air-intake efficiency is improved by the inertial mass of the intake air to reduce the response of full rpm range up.

In addition, the air-flow resistance is in the process of the shaft, the thin binding type of special service to reduce the turbulence of the head to use the service.

Delivery time: Late June

Contact every day that the daily delivery is the situation is changing.
please be sure when your order.

I agree the speed increase may be minimal and the cost is high. When I had a Mazda MX6 I had the throttle body bored out by one of the forum members who found a machine shop that could do it and even located the new larger air plate parts. I think the total cost was around $200, but this was 10 years ago.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I agree with Mr GSR 100%. I find it strange people buying go fast parts for this car. It just doesnt make sense to me. Its a 134bhp hybrid that will never be fast limited by the platform and the technolgy it is built on.

Just like the Injen intake thread. $250 for a shiny chrome intake that I believe provides no real world tangible result ...it just looks cool and no one can even see it. Like you Mr GSR...I have another go fast vehicle for modding.

With that opinion I will say tho I don't understand it and I feel it is a waste of money and time....to each there own and have fun!

·
Registered
50 Posts
An engine is basically an air pump the faster you can get air in an out of it the more Efficient it will become. I have no problem with go fast parts look at the supercharged one on YouTube. 300hp and better fuel economy. Now that's slick! Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I understand what an engine is ;) Im a car guy. While I do agree with your comment about the supercharged CT, the reality is this is one in a million (very cool). However doesn't Fox Marketing also state with all the additional power there is not much of a performance gain due to the software for the platform. Now I read he was working on it with TRD. I have yet to see any performance numbers besides quotes stating combined power of 300bhp. I wonder as well about longevity. With that much power increased were beefed up internals added? The battery was also boosted so with additional power comes heat...wearing on a battery quicker. I dunno but still cool but this car is no DD.

I'm not stating that electric or hybrids can't be good platforms (tesla and fisker have already proven that) I'm just skeptical of this particular platform being a good performer. With enough cash anything is possible but the truth is most don't go this far. The things I am talking about are the more common go fast parts such as intakes, exhausts etc that the other 99% of people discuss or buy. I still stand by my point that these are more money wasters and offer no tangible performance on the CT200 (same could be said for a whole slew of other cars as well). I have owned and modded plenty of cars and know where I can get the most bang for my buck. Heck I netted 12hp/17tq from a $60 3" downpipe on my old Audi TT225q.
Now go and do something like Brain Fox and we are talking on a whole new level.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts