Lexus CT200h Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Installed on 2014 (finally)!

For all those asking the question
"Does the Curt Hitch 11200 / 112002 install to the 2014 model?"
The definite answer is YES! Here's proof...

The hitch installation instructions (note the year on upper left is 2011-Present):
IMG_2327.jpg

The hitch and our Saris Freedom Rack successfully installed on our 2014 CT200h:
IMG_2339.jpg IMG_2342.jpg

INSTALLATION FYI:
The mystery part in the prior post above is simply an extra unnoted attachment that - when pulling the underbody panel hard enough - will break away from the car. Break being the operative word. Instead of removing the panel and breaking this piece, my husband simply loosened the fasteners then used a socket extension to get to the tow hook.

So there you have it - a very happy and satisfied Curt Hitch 11200 and Saris Bike Rack owner. P.S. I've owned just about every type and brand of bike rack and I believe this will be the final rack I ever own; it is GENIUS and I LOVE it! It's both car and bike frame friendly, super easy and quick to use, folds when not in use allowing hatch access, and at about 30 lbs, not too heavy. And - shocker - like the Curt Hitch, it's Made in the USA!

IMG_2344.jpg IMG_2345.jpg

·
Banned
325 Posts
Yeah i also checked the submitted link and know proper about it. Actually i am confused about it but now its clears it rally very beneficial for our cars. Nice sharing.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Wiring harness 56099 was installed this morning by BestBuy geek squad and cost $80.00. Took an hour and no problem at all. The 2014 CT200h install is just like the IS Lexus even though it is not advertised as such. Good to go now.
If you are still around, could you say if the geeks used the adapters in the kit that get inserted at a wiring connection on each side near the rear tail lights. Or, did they patch in to the wiring another more accessible place maybe a bit lower. I ask, because it's impossible to access those taillight connections without taking of the trim panels which are directly in front of the rear tail lights. I'm thinking this connection on the IS is much easier to access. Curious.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased a 2015 CT yesterday and joined the forum today. I would like to put a hitch for a rear mounted bike rack. It seems most everyone is using a Curt hitch. Has anyone installed one on a 2015?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts