Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a new Ct tomorrow. Want to know about a trailer hitch working. Curt MFG tech people do not even know if the 2013 hitch they sell will work on the 2014 model. Has anyone added a hitch and wiring? Thanks for your help. Urgent!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True but for occasional hauling of light items on an aluminum trailer people are doing it. They sale hitches for the 2011 thru the 2013 models.

·
Registered
97 Posts
If a Prius can tow, I'm sure a CT200 can tow. I saw a Prius with a Curt hitch. Must be similar to the one they make for the CT. I can't imagine the 2014 being that much different. Weren't all the differences rather superficial?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Whilst a vehicle may be able to tow does not mean it should tow. In uk neither prius nor ct are "type approved" for towing. Meaning not only would doing so invalidate a warranty it is illegal to drive it on the road in that arrangement. Indeed any hitch would also need to be type approved. I still can't locate the reason for not being type approved - usually the manufacturer submits it. Someone out there will know why and tell us.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2 Tech's at Lexus feel sure the 2014 is the same as the 11,12, and 13. I guess I will order and see if it fits. Feel sure a mechanic can figure out the wiring also. The techs also said it should be the same. It truly does amaze me how a big company like Curt Trailer Hitch does not know and has not already tried one. They should have offered me one free just to try it for them. By the way got 46 mpg's on about 120 miles today at average speed of 72 mph. Twice my old RX 450H. Happy about something.

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
2 Tech's at Lexus feel sure the 2014 is the same as the 11,12, and 13. I guess I will order and see if it fits. Feel sure a mechanic can figure out the wiring also. The techs also said it should be the same. It truly does amaze me how a big company like Curt Trailer Hitch does not know and has not already tried one. They should have offered me one free just to try it for them. By the way got 46 mpg's on about 120 miles today at average speed of 72 mph. Twice my old RX 450H. Happy about something.
let us know how it goes please, I need one for a bike rack.

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Installed the Curt hitch that fits the 2013 model today on my 2014 CT200h. No problem at all. Easy to install. Now if I can get someone to do my wiring harness. The geek squad at Best Buy said they would do it for me. Still waiting on the
Curt 56099 to come in. Hope that work as well.
Another note is I bought a mat liner for the rear that fit the 2013 model but it does not exactly fit my 2014 due to the audio speaker on the left rear side. Of course I can easily cut that extra piece off. Just a note that there were some changes from 2013 to 2014.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update about Curt 56099 wiring harness. Hope to receive this week and get BestBuy to install. Just a note about who I ordered it from: AutoCare Depot. They had an ad on Amazon.com with the hitch receiver and wiring harness included. Wiring harness never came and AutoCare refused to refund me my money for it or even send me one. Anyway after numerous emails back and forth I got Amazon to step in and they will send me one at their expense. Guess AutoCare will no longer be selling thru them. Amazon stands behind there obligations. Good for Amazon and crap on AutoCare Depot.com.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So, just to confirm, the 11200 hitch for the 11-13 CT does fit your 14?

I work at Lexus and have been trying to get two CT's in the air to inspect for changes, no I don't have to and can order my hitch.

Curt did tell me that it was too different and had to be redesigned.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wiring harness 56099 was installed this morning by BestBuy geek squad and cost $80.00. Took an hour and no problem at all. The 2014 CT200h install is just like the IS Lexus even though it is not advertised as such. Good to go now.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
nice hitch

Nice hitch; easy install. Just bought after seeing this thread

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So, just to confirm, the 11200 hitch for the 11-13 CT does fit your 14?

I work at Lexus and have been trying to get two CT's in the air to inspect for changes, no I don't have to and can order my hitch.

Curt did tell me that it was too different and had to be redesigned.
I even sent Curt MFG an email and told them it fit perfectly. I am sort of handicapped and still was easy to install. I actually used the 112002 Euro one since it came with the ball thing. Does work perfectly on my 2014 ct200h.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
My hitch just got here today. I'll have one of my techs raise the car and install it tonight.
It truly is a 15 minute job without raising the car. You drop the driver side underbody panel one 10 mm and some pop rivets, remove tow loop (17 mm), then install 4 bolts for Curt ( 19mm) two bolts replace the tow loop bolts (driver side) and install two bolts passenger side. Also Curt provides detailed step-by-step diagrams. Couldn't be easier.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You ain't kidding how fast it was. I had one of my techs raise it up and in a few minutes we were done. And looks great too!

i couldn't reattached to tow loop, which I'm sure is fine. I ended up using the tow loops bolts and two more identical factory bolts on the other side.

Cant wait to go riding this weekend so I see how the rack fits with the car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did mine as well, very fast and easy. CURT techs told me it would not fit, I guess someone should tell them. Now I have to wait for the bike rack.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thrilled to have found this thread after first finding a similar (older) one. QUESTION: has anyone installed the 11200 model instead of the 112002 (edgalang & Wdpower, could you verify?)? The only difference is the ball mount, right - installs the same?

BTW this older thread thoroughly addresses - complete with pics - the 11200 model, in case anyone is interested.
http://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/lexus-ct200h-general-discussion-forum/119621-curt-hitch-yakima-hitch-mount-bike-rack-installation.html

1 - 20 of 29 Posts