Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm making a deal to purchase a Basic Model with black Nuluxe. For those of you that have it.. does it feel burning hot in the summer sun?

My current Matrix has fabric and I was just in it with hot sun.. Sure the car felt a bit hot when I first got in, but the fabric was no issue at all and the AC takes care of the general heat. My Rx300 had a light Leather and that was never an issue. Now I was just wondering if this will be a dramatic change going to the Black Nuluxe?? I don't like the look in the car for Ecru or Caramel contrasting so much with the black all around and then the light headliner too... arghhhhh...

Gray leather looks best to me with all the black interior... but that is not a possibility for the basic model.. Is the headliner with gray leather a light gray or is a white color?

How is the black Nuluxe in the sun??? I'm hoping it is not blazing hot like the plastic surfaces...

Thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've got Black Nuluxe here in Georgia, It was 97 here today, car sat out for a while when I went shopping (like a couple of hours in the parking lot in full sun) no issues. Not uncomfortable at all... I had shorts on and the back of my legs would have told me so if it was too hot!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got Black Nuluxe here in Georgia, It was 97 here today, car sat out for a while when I went shopping (like a couple of hours in the parking lot in full sun) no issues. Not uncomfortable at all... I had shorts on and the back of my legs would have told me so if it was too hot!
That is great news.. maybe it behaves more like fabric in the sun then.

·
Registered
115 Posts
i have black nuluxe - it does get hot in the sun but not quite as hot as leather seats. i would still use a sunshade - that definitely makes it manageable.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I agree about the sunshade. The black Nuluxe gets only warm with the sunshade. It was 100 degrees yesterday in Houston. Definitely is not has hot as my previous 2 cars with black leather seats.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Just drove up to visit friends for the 4th in Palm Springs area. I think it wouldn't make a difference here it is 113 at 5pm. I'm baking. Thank goodness for a good A/C in the car.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just drove up to visit friends for the 4th in Palm Springs area. I think it wouldn't make a difference here it is 113 at 5pm. I'm baking. Thank goodness for a good A/C in the car.

I shouldn't worry to much really as long as I'm living where I do.. There are maybe only 10 days a year above 90... I will get a sun shade and there is always some sort of lighter seat cover/cushion as an option too... Hope you have a pool to lounge by for the 4th..

·
Registered
324 Posts
I shouldn't worry to much really as long as I'm living where I do.. There are maybe only 10 days a year above 90... I will get a sun shade and there is always some sort of lighter seat cover/cushion as an option too... Hope you have a pool to lounge by for the 4th..
Good news they have a pool. Bad news it's going to 116 today by 1pm.
Man I am going to be water logged, must hydrate. Need to make run for lunch hope my legs don't stick to the seats. Car is not in a garage...

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Yikes. I have black leather and it is hot hot hot, even with tint! It definitely gets stuffy when I leave my car out in the sun. I parked it in the garage for the week since I'll be out of town. LOL. Hopefully it won't boil in the garage! It gets pretty hot in there too!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts