Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somehow a simple visit to Toyota to get the oil changed in my CT turned into the wife looking at another car, and now all of a sudden the Ct is no longer welcome in our family. Huh?new Rogue

Looking at some crossover SUV's while we waited for the oil change the wife suddenly says that she doesn't like the "limited" space and doesn't like driving in the CT over the long road trips that we plan to take, now that we're retired. Huh?

Well, not one to cause conflict, especially in a public place, I went along. After a test ride in a RAV4 and a new Nissan Rogue, how could my poor CT compete with those "feature filled" monsters. So, the wife puts into motion getting an offer from CarMax for the CT and the next thing I know she is telling me how "happy" we're gonna be driving our new SUV. Huh?

Doesn't she understand how wonderful it is to get 48 mpg around town, while smirking at those fellow drivers sitting in endless traffic as we do here in Atlanta? Doesn't she understand how unique and stylish the CT is? Doesn't she ever think about being happy with what we've got and not looking
at the half filled (limited cargo space) glass? Huh?

Now don't get me wrong. I love my wife of 25 yrs and she is a great woman. And, she doesn't spend money easily, that's for sure. But when she turns on you (or me) or suddenly the CT, well it seems to be a foregone conclusion. My CT might soon be gone.

So guys. What do you think about the comfort and functionality of the CT for long, 8-12 hr roadtrips? Any words of wisdom? Is my wife fooling herself thinking that giving up 10 mpg to drive a larger, more traditional SUV with 3 times the storage space is going to be our new utopia? By the way, CarMax offered me $23,750 for my CT, a 2012, Ruby Red, w/o navigation and 15,800 miles on the odometer. What do you guys think about that price? Is it fair?

Hopefully this won't be goodby, but you know how the saying goes.... A happy wife, yada, yada, yada.......

·
Registered
609 Posts
Well, the CT is okay for long road trips if there are only 2 of you. More than 2, then you have to worry about back seats and extra luggage. If you have a bigger car, you could go on a 2 couples road trip comfortably.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Now don't get me wrong. I love my wife of 25 yrs and she is a great woman. And, she doesn't spend money easily, that's for sure. But when she turns on you (or me) or suddenly the CT, well it seems to be a foregone conclusion. My CT might soon be gone.

Hopefully this won't be goodby, but you know how the saying goes.... A happy wife, yada, yada, yada.......
Get rid of the CT and don't look back. I sold my CT because both my wife and I hated to drive it. Life is so much better without our Lexus.

·
Registered
842 Posts
My wife dislikes my CT almost as much as I like it. As a result, she now has a 2014 GS 350. I admit it is far more comfortable than my car. I am annoyed at the Toyota base for our cars. The lack of some luxury items bugged her and the passenger seat is much less comfortable than the drivers seat. But I like to drive.

This is a non starter...get used to the rogue, as funny looking and wierd as it may be.

·
Registered
990 Posts
My wife dislikes my CT almost as much as I like it. As a result, she now has a 2014 GS 350. I admit it is far more comfortable than my car. I am annoyed at the Toyota base for our cars. The lack of some luxury items bugged her and the passenger seat is much less comfortable than the drivers seat. But I like to drive.

This is a non starter...get used to the rogue, as funny looking and wierd as it may be.
The new Rogue looks nothing like the old one. They got rid of the odd look. I'm considering a Rogue as a 2nd family vehicle but Nissan's reliability is sub par for a Japanese automaker.

I love my CT but the slowness is killing me after nearly 2 years of ownership. My next car will either be an MKZ hybrid or a Model S. I need a hybrid due to my commute, if my commute was shorter I'd be hands down driving a newer 2012-2013 ISF.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Get rid of the CT and don't look back. I sold my CT because both my wife and I hated to drive it. Life is so much better without our Lexus.
INTERESTING - Don what did you get? What did you hate ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Divorce the wife.
Not even under consideration. She has allowed me to ride her for mile after mile, 25+ years. But seriously, I think I am beginning to believe in fate. Made a low, but fair offer to the dealer and this morning they called to say they accepted my terms. My CT plus a few thousand for a top of the line Rogue.

Well, sadly it looked like I had only one or two more days with my Ct and we had finished the paperwork, been treated like royalty, and was waiting to hand over a few grand to seal the deal. But No. After a long delay they came back into the sales office to tell us that the car we had been buying was "unexpectedly" transferred and sold to another dealership. What a crock of crap....

So, the wife has now been told, and I do mean told, that I am and will no longer do business with these guys. Sure, their scrambling like crazy to get a supposedly exact same vehicle delivered to the dealership by tomorrow at noon, but you know what, if they don't blow me away with their promise to "make me happy" then I'm just going to walk away.
Guess the wife and the dog will just have to suffer as we drive down to South Florida the day after the superbowl.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Not even under consideration. She has allowed me to ride her for mile after mile, 25+ years. But seriously, I think I am beginning to believe in fate. Made a low, but fair offer to the dealer and this morning they called to say they accepted my terms. My CT plus a few thousand for a top of the line Rogue.

Well, sadly it looked like I had only one or two more days with my Ct and we had finished the paperwork, been treated like royalty, and was waiting to hand over a few grand to seal the deal. But No. After a long delay they came back into the sales office to tell us that the car we had been buying was "unexpectedly" transferred and sold to another dealership. What a crock of crap....

So, the wife has now been told, and I do mean told, that I am and will no longer do business with these guys. Sure, their scrambling like crazy to get a supposedly exact same vehicle delivered to the dealership by tomorrow at noon, but you know what, if they don't blow me away with their promise to "make me happy" then I'm just going to walk away.
Guess the wife and the dog will just have to suffer as we drive down to South Florida the day after the superbowl.
You are lucky they didn't "dehorse" you. It used to be a common tactic. Get you in with a promised deal, take your car away from you to have it "appraised", change the deal and keep you there until you bought what they wanted to sell you since you obviously needed to get home somehow. I never understood how that worked. Call the police and claim theft or false imprisonment, but fast talking sales people used to do it all the time. Not so much anymore.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Get the Lexus RX hybrid and both of you will be happy (may be not your wallet). Nissan Rogue is no match to Lexus... different class.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Get the Lexus RX hybrid and both of you will be happy (may be not your wallet). Nissan Rogue is no match to Lexus... different class.
Yah you are right, even the Rogue has decent audio!

·
Registered
609 Posts
I am not sure about that. The RX 450H is 20K more and it actually has worst MPG (28) than the Nissan Rogue (33 MPG) on highway for roadtrip...

·
Registered
990 Posts
I'd get the Rogue hands down over the RX. The RX is a nice car but way overpriced for what you get. The Rogue will blow the RX away from a technology standpoint and you won't be following the crowd by purchasing one. I hear that the RX comes with a free pair of brown UGG boots so the women purchasing it can fit right in with society.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
195 Posts
It reminds me the commercial that Ford Escape or some other model trying to compare to Bimmer.... what can I say...different taste!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's Over. Thanks to everyone for your comments. Looks like I've gone the way most of you suggested. This morning I traded my CT for the Rogue. Although I think I will miss squeezing the most mpg out of the CT I think that the larger size and I must say, so far nice ride of the Rogue is going to be better for me and the wife in the long run.

For those of you interested in numbers, looks like it cost me around 4 grand to drive the CT for a year and then trade for the Rogue. Love the better sound of the 9 speaker stereo system, the higher profile where the driver sits, the Blind Spot monitor and lane change warning system, as well as the navigation, which my CT did not have. Gonna miss the extra 10+ mpg and the fact that the Ct is much more unusual than is the Rogue.

So, I guess this good-by. I've enjoyed reading about the creative and clever ways that some of you customized your ride as well as the many other comments about the things we all love and wish would be better on the Ct. A great Zero Tach ride down the ride to everyone. Adios.

·
Registered
35 Posts
On long road trips with company we take the Audi S4 instead. I don't even care about the fuel efficiency because it's more comfortable and much more fun to drive on road trips.

The CT can feel a little tin canny over bumps or rough areas and it's harder to pass without getting in the way of others. If I'm making a long trip by myself I would take the CT but would enjoy it more if I drove the Audi.

Mom a firm believer in having a car for every occasion.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts