Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I just signed up. I think I'm going to pull the trigger this month, so I need help picking between two options

1. 2012 - CT 200H Premium from Carmax
    1. Price: $22,000 (Car) + $1500 (Maxcare warranty) = $23,000 Total
    2. Miles: 39K
  2. 2014 - CT 200H Premium from Lexus dealership
    1. Price: $30,000 + $0 (Warranty included) = $30,000

Both come with navigation and the nice leather seats. It seems the only difference is the model year and the number of miles.

The reason I could possibly get the 2014 so cheap is that it is the last one on the lot and he said they are "aggressively" trying to get rid of it. His initial offering was 32,000, but I figure I might be able to negotiate down to 30,000. Assuming I'm able to negotate this price, which one should I buy?

·
Registered
990 Posts
When you say leather do you mean real leather or nulux? I ask because if it's real leather then it would be one of the more newly loaded premium models with led headlamps, rain sensing wipers, illuminated door sills, and memory drivers seat. How many miles does the 2014 have?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
When you say leather do you mean real leather or nulux? I ask because if it's real leather then it would be one of the more newly loaded premium models with led headlamps, rain sensing wipers, illuminated door sills, and memory drivers seat. How many miles does the 2014 have?

Doesn't necessarily have the LED headlights. My 2012 has the leather package, rain sensing wipers and memory seats, no sills or LED heads.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So any recommendations? The dealer is going to do $30,000. It has the premium and navigation packages, but not luxury. No LED headlamps. No Auto cruise control. I think it's a good deal, but it's a whole lot of money. Someone tell me what to do.

·
Registered
990 Posts
So any recommendations? The dealer is going to do $30,000. It has the premium and navigation packages, but not luxury. No LED headlamps. No Auto cruise control. I think it's a good deal, but it's a whole lot of money. Someone tell me what to do.
The one thing I learned about these cars is that they don't hold their value as well as other Lexus's. $30,000 is a lot for some but not for others. If you are stretching yourself to get the new one then buy used.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Exactly. Let someone else take the depreciation hit.

Also, I'm surprised that it hasn't really come up yet, but cosmetically, there are some pretty big differences between 12 and 14. Which do you prefer?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 12 premium for $22 with 24k miles on it in the DC area. I love it. For us it was mostly about price. Since we financed a portion of the car every dollar counted toward our monthly payment. Although, i hate the new grill. The engines are the same and you can get a extended warranty thats bumper to bumper for under $2,500 from a bunch of places. I don't see the major difference especially if your going to miss out on some of the newer tech stuff.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Personally, I'd go with the 2012 model. $23,500 is $6,500 less than the $30k 2014 model. This will also leave you money to customize it (if that's your thing). Also, don't forget about the sales tax you'll pay on top of that. Here in California it was about another $2,500. The 2012 model looks good but the only thing I noticed is that the tires look a little bit worn down and don't appear to be the stock Michelins. Cheaper tires can wear down around 40k miles, whereas more expensive tires usually go to around 50k but can even go up to 100k depending on driving and road conditions. The Michelins can cost you up to another $1k for the set installed, so another thing to think about.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I see the 2012 is from Florida, if no evident or hidden signs or rust or flood damage, I would get that one. Besides the cosmetic differences in the '12 and '14, the power-train is the same. I would also check the car for defects against Lexus TSB. I had to get my center console lock replaced. Additionally, an extended warranty can be purchased for under 2k.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts