Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have heard of people paying about $150 online for the little bugger...the dealer wants $250! Where can I get the best deal on one? I searched Ebay and Amazon with no results......I feel guilty enough paying $150, but $250???? No way!

·
Registered
441 Posts
I've got the best deal on a bamboo dash trim - you can have one free. I bought one thinking they would be the same for lhd and rhd but no. So I have a lhd bamboo trim and I'll even post it to you (I'm in Australia so it will take a few days.) I don't know how I get your address??? Let me know if you want it.

232 Posts
I got mine from Lexus of No. Miami for about USD138.00. I have also filed a claim against Lexus to recoup the cost of the bamboo trim, because the lighter shade of bamboo trim dissipates the annoying glare produced by the OEM black trim. The glare is still there w/ the bamboo trim but it is less offensive and irritating. Somehow, the lighter bamboo trim inhibits the silver trim's glare.

I also made a near fatal mistake as Prosperity when I found a PADDED piece of trim that goes next to the cup holders by the center console, without realizing it was for the Japanese right hand side models.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yeah, my wife had to give me one of those "What were you thinking?" speeches after she found out I spent $145 for mine.

But in my defense, it looks soooo nice with my caramel seats.

As for glare, the detailer used something glossy on my dash, so everything is shiny.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Prosperity,
If still available, I'd be interested. Jus got my CT and want to do my first mod. Let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Sorry, its either on its way or arrived to a prior enquiry. There was a post recently from a guy who painted the piece with gloss paint to match the car. Personally I thought it looked great and possibly the way to go. In any case, good luck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
No problem, was going thru the posts and lot of people didn't feel bamboo was the best with black interior. Will continue my search. Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah I'm seriously thinking about 3M di-noc carbon fiber wrap. Can buy it for only $30 online. What a great deal!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Sorry, its either on its way or arrived to a prior enquiry. There was a post recently from a guy who painted the piece with gloss paint to match the car. Personally I thought it looked great and possibly the way to go. In any case, good luck.
that was very nice of you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts