Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've just picked up a 2016 CT200H F Sport and was thinking about either putting on 50 size tires on the stock wheels, 225/50/17 on 17x8 wheels, or getting some 18x8 with w/ some 225/45/18 and was wondering if anyone has had any irregular or uneven wear on the tires with these setups. I plan to either keep the suspension stock or maybe drop it slighty.

·
Registered
2012 Premium with Nav
42 Posts
As MilkViper said, uneven wear is unexpected as a result of changing the rims and tires. Lowering your car may, especially if its not re-aligned. Maybe even after an alignment depending on how adjustable the suspension is.

Something else to consider though is that your effective tire radius will change:
I believe oem rims and tires were 215/45 R17, radius = 12.3"
225/50/17 radius = 12.9" (~.6" increase)
225/45/18 radius = 13" (~.7" increase)

increasing your effective radius will make it so your speedometer, odometer, and mpg calculator are off. Additionally the electric motor utilizes speed as part of its ESS activation. I don’t know to what level the ESS will be effected, just something to consider.

getting wider tires will also decrease your gas milage overall do to a larger rolling resistance. The larger radius and probable greater wheel / tire weight will also decrease gas milage, particularly at lower speed "city" conditions. I don’t know to what level this will be effected.... it will be less obvious because the mpg gauge will be off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, I love my 255/50R17s. Smoothed the ride nicely, even more grip in cornering, fills the arches much better and corrects the speedo under-reporting. And I'm getting the same MPG with my upsized Eco tyres as I was getting with the std size regular tyres.
Thanks for the feedback. I would imagine you meant 225/50/17 and not 255? 255 is quite a wide tire

1 - 6 of 6 Posts