Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I currently own a 06 4Runner, but due to shoulder problems I've developed and gas problems I am looking to move down in size. I am currently looking at the TSX Sport Wagon and the CT. One of the main components in my decision is if I can fit my basketball wheelchair in the trunk of the car. That is my biggest concern with the CT. Since it is so difficult to find there is no dealer in my area that even has a DEMO! Becuase of this I was hoping I could get some input on trunk size maybe even some photos of your own, as well as general input on the car.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hey, FightingLonghorn - where are you located?

·
Registered
200 Posts
wheelchair space in the CT200h

Here are dimensions that are usable in the trunk. I went in the garage and measured so this is real and not from a book.
With the back seats up you have 36" wide and 28" deep. Not great depth with the seats up.
With the back seats down, depth increases to 56".
Back seats split fold 2/3 and 1/3.
I measured the most narrow width point that is 36" in the trunk due to the way the body panels lie.
Height room is 24" at the lowest point just under the hatch lid, to a maximum of 30" in front of this.
I believe these are the true minimum dimensions that you can be within and not have to worry. You could move the front passenger seat all the way up and get a few more inches.
It is not like having an SUV where you can throw almost anything in with impunity.
I went from a Honda Pilot where I once put a 6 foot bathtub in and closed the trunk! The Ct200h is nowhere near the capacity. Then again 20mpg in the Pilot and now 47 mpg in the Ct200h.
You will have to lift the wheelchair 30" from the ground to get it inside. The hatch lid must be closed manually so you must be able to reach your hand up 70" inches to grab the recessed handle to pull the hatch down. If you can get your shoulder up to 90 degrees that should do it.
I assume the wheelchair folds for transport. If the foot rests are removable there should not be a problem. It all depends on the size of the chair but you should be able to get almost any manual wheelchair into the back of the car.
I know about wheelchairs as I am a PMR doc.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm in Cedar Park / Austin and picked mine up last week. Shoot me a PM with contact info and maybe I can save you a trip.

·
Registered
137 Posts
FightingLonghorn - Sent you a PM.

·
Registered
410 Posts

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Few members have talked about this already. This might help for a visualization. ~375L /w rearseats up or ~985L when down.

A= 85cm (33,5") /31" from other member
B= 80cm (31,5") / 37.5" from other member
C= 40cm (16") / 12" under cover
D= 55cm (21,5")
E= 50cm (19,5")

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pomexcan- I appreciate the offer but I was actually able to check one out today, saw someone downtown and asked nicely, there is allot of nice people out there, yourself included.

Rehabmax/darkride- Thank you so much for going through all that measurement trouble, I really appreciate it.

Now I think I am getting on my local waiting list!! Hope to be a proud CT owner soon. Hopefully much sooner then the projected 6 weeks-6 months. I'll post pics when the day comes!!

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
YAY! Hang in there, FightingLonghorn, the wait is excruciating, but as they say, good things come to those who wait. The one thing that the CT has is its low curb height. That has been an issue for me in terms of scratches during parking, but in terms of ingress and egress, it may be of benefit. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Excellent - I'm glad you were able to see one in person and that the hatch size worked out for you. The wait is painful, especially when your filling up your current vehicle... I also had a fairly thirsty Toyota V6 to feed while mine was on its way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts