Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm picking up my CT200h in a few hours, Starfire Pearl w/Caramel interior.

I'd like to get some lightweight aftermarket wheels on there, but still use the stock 17" tires.

Any suggestions? I'm looking for something in chrome, very lightweight (15-19lbs tops), forged, 1-piece, stock size/offset, under $500 per wheel.

Also, where can I order the F-Sport suspension parts? Is the local dealer the only choice? (They'll likely be a bit mad at me as I'm buying my CT from a dealer about 100 miles away).

Thanks.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Also, where can I order the F-Sport suspension parts? Is the local dealer the only choice? (They'll likely be a bit mad at me as I'm buying my CT from a dealer about 100 miles away).

Thanks.
Congratzzzz on new car...I thought I bought from a dealer that far but u beat me...i had to drive 79 miles to dealer

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I just got my new wheels put on today.

Went with 16lb Enkei 17x7.5" PF01s and then had them permachromed (looks like chrome, more durable, lifetime warranty, adds almost no weight).

I saw a very noticable jump in mileage IMMEDIATELY. I've taken the exact same route home for 3 days now, going west over the San Mateo Bridge (92 West), and I reset the trip counter/MPG at the toll booth when stopped on the past 3 days and checked average MPG as I held a steady 65mph over the bridge. Virtually identical conditions.

The first two days it pulled 49.5mpg over that exact route, today it showed 50.5mpg, and that was with an extra 100lbs of wheels in the back seat.

Overall driving mileage for day 1: 50 miles, 50.3mpg. Day 2, 50 miles, 50.3mpg. Day 3, 50 miles, 51mpg (average of the 150 miles over the past 3 days).

Sure looks good so far! Can't wait to get the new Road Magnet springs on there too!

I know these numbers aren't scientific, but it's the best I could do so far. The car is currently at about 1500 miles total.

Pictures to come!

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Very nice, just googled them, I like them! Does your CT look like this!? Google Images

·
Registered
132 Posts
how about motegi SP10, hyper black, looks pretty nice to me, also weights in at 16.5 pounds and cost only 500 for all 4 wheels, give or take.

what do you guys think of these?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Looks great Dozer42! I thought you were talking about the SBC finish that Enkei offers, but that 'permachrome' is just that... looks like chrome...

Your ride height looks similar to mine in the front. Hopefully Road Magnet was able to line up a test car this past weekend so we can get that sorted out.

BTW, nice location.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Well, I just got my new wheels put on today.

Went with 16lb Enkei 17x7.5" PF01s and then had them permachromed (looks like chrome, more durable, lifetime warranty, adds almost no weight).

I saw a very noticable jump in mileage IMMEDIATELY. I've taken the exact same route home for 3 days now, going west over the San Mateo Bridge (92 West), and I reset the trip counter/MPG at the toll booth when stopped on the past 3 days and checked average MPG as I held a steady 65mph over the bridge. Virtually identical conditions.

The first two days it pulled 49.5mpg over that exact route, today it showed 50.5mpg, and that was with an extra 100lbs of wheels in the back seat.

Overall driving mileage for day 1: 50 miles, 50.3mpg. Day 2, 50 miles, 50.3mpg. Day 3, 50 miles, 51mpg (average of the 150 miles over the past 3 days).

Sure looks good so far! Can't wait to get the new Road Magnet springs on there too!

I know these numbers aren't scientific, but it's the best I could do so far. The car is currently at about 1500 miles total.

Pictures to come!
Dozer42, did these come from Enkei already permachrome or did you have to have them done locally. Those are really nice.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dozer42, did these come from Enkei already permachrome or did you have to have them done locally. Those are really nice.
I had them done locally in Walnut Creek by a company named RiteWayWheels (RiteWayWheels.Com). Cost was quoted as $225/wheel, I told them another vendor used the same process and quoted $195/wheel, but they wouldn't budge from their price.

Shrug. I said I was sticking with them anyway due to their reputation for quality work, and when I came in they only charged $200/wheel, and mounted/balanced them at no charge! (On car/Hunter balancing, good stuff).

Permachrome is pretty common/popular, just google it and you'll find a local place most likely. If not, it's well worth shipping to RiteWayWheels!

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Wow, that price is steep, how much did your wheels alone cost you?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.