Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for complimentary 10,000 Service and they said I need a wheel alignment. At $180. is this what I really need?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No they offered as I was driving in to the "check-in" area. There was no measurements nor diagnosis. Just a visual thing and the fact that I came in for 10,000 check up..

·
Registered
49 Posts
An ordinary shop that does alignment would charge probably $70-90 for toe adjustment... pretty sure that's what you need IF you need it at all at 10k...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Alignments are covered under warranty if there is a pull on the vehicle. 1 year or 20,000 miles which ever comes first. If your car is not pulling or steering is straight then you don't need a alignment and if it is pulling or the steering wheel is not straight then that should be covered under warranty. The dealer that is trying to sell you a alignment is just trying to make some money

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
71 Posts
Do you have any unusual tire wear that may indicate the alignment is off? At only 10,000 miles there should not be any.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I would go to a shop that specializes in wheel alignments it will cost far less.
I agree...the dealership is there to make money and they are pretty good at it.

·
Registered
609 Posts
No they offered as I was driving in to the "check-in" area. There was no measurements nor diagnosis. Just a visual thing and the fact that I came in for 10,000 check up..
Do you see any reason that you need an alignment when you look at the tires? The last time I did an alignment because the shop suggested it, it actually made it worst and ruined 2 of my new tires. When I took the car back, they only offered to SELL me 2 new tires at a discount. :mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts