Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everybody...

I'm looking at purchasing the ct200h in June... I've heard all the stories of the earthquake, toyota stopped production, etc etc... and i'm not being uncaring for i just got back from japan last week.... (and actully saw quite a few ct200h while in japan for a week)

but let's cut to the chase... what is your monthly payment

lease vs loan
how much down
how much mileage per year etc etc...

who's got the lowest monthly payment and how did you get there. I.e. put 50% cash down... etc etc.

personally speaking i would like my monthly payment at around 250 to 275 with tax stuff included out the door every month if it's possible. what do i need to do to get it there. Assuming credit being A+ and willing to cut the mileage down and maybe forgo some options, but really need the back up camera...

what will it take?

anybody anybody bueller

·
Registered
17 Posts
Your general rule of thumb is $200 a month for every $10k financed over 60 months.

Plan on not financing over $13-14k, and expect to put down about $20k on a low equipped car.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Depends on how much you negotiate the price of the car down to before you start talking about leasing + how much you put down + mileage and depreciation costs.

Your variables would be the selling price of the car and how much you put down.

·
Registered
115 Posts
My monthly payment is $0 - paid cash, no regrets. that is the most inexpensive way to go in the longrun (assuming i run the car into the ground, which i plan to).

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
My monthly payment is $0 - paid cash, no regrets. that is the most inexpensive way to go in the longrun (assuming i run the car into the ground, which i plan to).

Yup. If you can afford it, cash is definitely the way to go! Kudos to you!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Me too. Just got the title in the mail yesterday. Free and clear baby!

·
Registered
46 Posts
It's an opportunity cost exercise for me. With interest rates so low I find it hard to resist the cheap $. I feel certain that I can beat a 3% return over a the term of the loan (6yr amortization). Therefore, I financed 100% with the option to prepay the loan with no penalty at any point in the future. You gotta have $ to make $.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts