5.7 l/100km - Central Ontario

·
Registered
54 Posts
43.9 in Northern CA SF Bay Area.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Here in the Atlanta, GA area I have been getting about 40 mpg. I had a tank low of 37 mpg. I just don't see how people get over 40 mpg unless they live in a flat area or only go downhill. This area is nothing but hills.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Toronto, ON

Average since getting the car in Dec 2011 is 4.8L/100km
I expect it to go up since winter is coming up, and last winter was very mild.

Note that this is the reading on the computer, actual average is ~ 5.0L/100km

·
Registered
270 Posts
It'll be in the signature :)

Location - Bristol, i.e. most of the time I'm doing city driving with the occasional escape to faster roads. MPG is sadly on the downward slope again because :

It's getting colder and the car keeps the engine on more
School's are back ... the school run has extremely nasty effects on traffic conditions here

·
Registered
81 Posts
Vancouver WA (Close to Portland Or) 40 mile round trip to work
42 MPG at the pump after break in

I have a lot of highway potential on my way to work, and on the weekends. The more traffic the better the mileage :)
Gave up on the hypermiling, bought this car to enjoy the ride :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
45.9 (indicated) mpg since May. Santa Barbara CA. USA

Mostly urban/suburban streets with a little hwy but did include an 800 mi road trip that was almost all hwy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here in the Atlanta, GA area I have been getting about 40 mpg. I had a tank low of 37 mpg. I just don't see how people get over 40 mpg unless they live in a flat area or only go downhill. This area is nothing but hills.
I can see this being the case for hilly areas. Here in socal, I get good gas mileage but when I hit the mountain roads with low to mid inclines, I notice my mpg drop about 4+mpg, especially when trying to maintain speed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What was your average mpg when you were taking that road trip? When I drove from WA to AZ, my average was around 30, but i was going 80+ majority of the way :p

·
Registered
93 Posts
I can see this being the case for hilly areas. Here in socal, I get good gas mileage but when I hit the mountain roads with low to mid inclines, I notice my mpg drop about 4+mpg, especially when trying to maintain speed.
The trouble is with going uphill, not only I have to apply more power, I usually seem to be accelerating uphill too because there was a red light at the bottom.

·
Registered
83 Posts
What was your average mpg when you were taking that road trip? When I drove from WA to AZ, my average was around 30, but i was going 80+ majority of the way :p
If you need to drive 80+ you're definitely in the WRONG car:) I got in the mid 44's on our road trip and kept it between 65-70, thats definitely the shoulder of the curve for this car. If I was willing to get 30mpg I'd be driving a 128, not a CT:) for similar money. But for me, the mileage is king, and the CT gives everything else i need .

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, on an open road I do feel the car is lacking in power but the 128 is too small. Plus I love the design of the ct and the car fits my needs (minus highway driving thrills :rolleyes:).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts