Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and couldn't find anything about the small 3-4" zippers that are on each side of the rear seats, when open it appears to be a very small area that one might be able to store or "hide" something inside, but other than that I can't figure out the purpose of these. :confused:

Does anyone else know the true purpose or reason that Lexus included these in the rear seat? They are located in the area where the seat cushion meets the seat back, one on each side. Very much looking forward to your insight.

·
Registered
187 Posts
These are the openings for child seat tethering. If you try to probing your fingers around, you'll feel metal anchors onto which you'll tether your child seats. The fact that you are wondering about this means you don't need it anytime soon :) More information is available in your Lexus Manual Section: Before Driving, Page 149.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for letting me know that. And you are right, there definitely won't be any need to tethering a childs seat in my CT200h at least until such time as I sell the car years from now. Smart idea to include such though.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I was not intending to open those zippers up. I assumed there were small private parts of the vehicle in there. Glad to hear that is not so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts