Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never am a fan of factory tires and the ones that came on this car is especially noisy.

Well today my wife got a flat tire so we're going to see if we need new tires.

Has anyone tried other brands or specific tires such as the Dunlop Star Specs?

·
Registered
232 Posts
goodyear efficient grip

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hankook K425 seem to be a fair performer from a company who are trying to build a customer base in quite a number of markets so theyre low rolling resistance tyres at a competative price.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have Michelein Pilot Exaltos on my other car (2006 Prius), handle very well wet/dry, and good MPGs. I'm happy with the OEMs on the CT, not so with the OEM Prius Goodyears. I also tried BFG F-Sport on the Prius, great handling, but noisy, and took a big MPG hit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The best for fuel economy AND wet traction are currently:

Continental PureContact with EcoPlus (better FE, outstanding wet traction, very long tread life)
Primacy MXM4 aftermarket version (decent FE, very quiet, outstanding wet traction, ok tread life)
Bridgestone Turanza Serentiy Plus (ok FE, good at just about everything and very long tread life)
Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 (outstanding FE, quiet, good treadlife, so-so wet and dry traction)

Keep in mind your OE Primacy MXM4 may be different from the aftermarket version because they were made to Toyota's specs, not Michelins!

Read up on TireRack's testing of these tires:

Tire Test Results : Testing Grand Touring All-Season Tires

Tire Test Results : Testing New Grand Touring All-Season Tires

Tire Test Results : Eco-Focused All-Season Tires: Do They Deliver on the Promise?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Out of interest s4play, what tyres are on your CT?

·
Registered
251 Posts

Continental PureContact with EcoPlus (better FE, outstanding wet traction, very long tread life)
Primacy MXM4 aftermarket version (decent FE, very quiet, outstanding wet traction, ok tread life)
Bridgestone Turanza Serentiy Plus (ok FE, good at just about everything and very long tread life)
Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 (outstanding FE, quiet, good treadlife, so-so wet and dry traction)

Keep in mind your OE Primacy MXM4 may be different from the aftermarket version because they were made to Toyota's specs, not Michelins!

Tire Test Results : Eco-Focused All-Season Tires: Do They Deliver on the Promise?
IMO, Tire companies would not make tires to someone's else specs and use the SAME name. Michelin could do that to Toyota's specs but the name would be slightly different, otherwise it would be too many SKUs for a company to keep up with.

·
381 Posts
I run the Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus on my Prius and they're significantly better than the Ecopia EP20 that came stock.
They're not as good on FE, but the grip makes up for it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I took the advice of my tire dealer for the coming summer: Dunlop SP Sport Maxx RT (215/45x17). Quiet, comfortable ride. Taking curves like driving on rails. Also good fuel economy. For me (one of) the best tire on the CT. Much better than the stock tires (Yokohama dB V550).

·
Registered
9 Posts
I took the advice of my tire dealer for the coming summer: Dunlop SP Sport Maxx RT (215/45x17). Quiet, comfortable ride. Taking curves like driving on rails. Also good fuel economy. For me (one of) the best tire on the CT. Much better than the stock tires (Yokohama dB V550).
Sounds like a good choice. How's their grip on wet roads?

·
Registered
251 Posts

Does it fit 2015 CT200h? Amazon website says no for 2015 model (?)
Amazon.com: Michelin Primacy MXM4 Tire - 215/45R17 87V SL: Automotive

·
Registered
990 Posts
I would definitely not utilize Amazon as a reliable tire fitment guide. Fitting a CT200h is not the question. The question is will it fit the rim size and the answer is yes as that's the stock tire size that come on all CT's with 17 inch rims.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts