Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the look of chrome door sills, but I'm not really into the illuminated thing. I know that the F-Sport model comes with chrome door sills, so honestly that's really what I want. However, I was shocked to see that the price for EACH F-Sport door sill is $200! So my thought was, what if I bought the illuminated door sill kit (currently $170 on Ebay) and just installed them without wiring them up? This would not only give me the chrome front door sills, but also the chrome rear door sills for less than 1 F-Sport door sill on Sewell's website.

So the question is, would the Lexus logo on the front door sills, being translucent, look stupid if I didn't wire them up? I was wondering if anyone that has these could give me an opinion. Sounds like this may be a much cheaper way to get the chrome only door sills that I am looking for, and the installation would literally be like 10 minutes for all 4 doors.

Thanks,

- Jason

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I guess I'll answer my own question in case anyone else is interested in this. I got the illuminated door sills today off Ebay for $160. They look great and I think there would be no problem, from a visual stand-point, installing them without connecting them. I haven't decided if I am going to connect them yet or not. Part of me thinks they are neat. Part of me thinks they look like something a kid would put on his Honda Civic with the big fart pipe exhaust. LOL

Anyway, this is definitely an option if someone just wants chrome door sills and doesn't want to pay over $400 for the F-Sport door sills. Plus you get the benefit of having the chrome rear sills as well, which is not included with the F-Sport option.

resize_Door Sill LEDs Off.jpg resize_Door Sill LEDs On.jpg resize_Zoom Off.jpg resize_Zoom On.jpg

·
Registered
33 Posts
F-Sport door sills? Pretty sure the CT F-Sport doesn't get special sills. Mine came with standard chrome sills and I swapped them for the illuminated sills that you posted. 2012 CT200h F-Sport special edition.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
F-Sport door sills? Pretty sure the CT F-Sport doesn't get special sills. Mine came with standard chrome sills and I swapped them for the illuminated sills that you posted. 2012 CT200h F-Sport special edition.
The chrome sills are the special sills. non F-Sport just gets black plastic. Pretty cheapo in my opinion really. So this is a way to get all 4 chrome door sills for under $200, whether or not you want them illuminated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts