Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To maximize MPG, it's important to monitor several measurements constantly. Given the CT200h's limited instrumentation, that requires buying a ScanGauage II. That device is quick to set up and very useful.

Here's how I imagine I'll set things up:

1. On dash, set lower-right-corner-area display to show battery state of charge. Keep it there.

2. Keep left-most indicator in its non-Sport display mode at all times (i.e., never display tachometer). This is the most important indicator of all, though I forget what Lexus calls it. (Toyota calls it the Hybrid System Indicator, or HSI, and uses a bar rather than a dial.)

3. The ScanGauge II allows viewing four metrics at once. I plan to select real-time MPG, average MPG, RPM (there's my tach -- also key to monitor) and maybe coolant temp, to monitor engine state of warm-up.

Any thoughts from economy-minded members?

·
Registered
267 Posts
That's a bit too much to focus on when driving for me. Too many bad drivers to look out for in this area...you gotta be defensive and watch out for them. I see an accident almost everyday. I've been rear-ended a few months back myself (my previous vehicle).
My (attempt) to gain best mpg's, I simply keep an eye out for the blue Eco light on the dash (I even have it set to the higher bright setting), drive slower than I used to (for example, 65-70 mph rather than 75-80 mph), accelerate slowly, and in residential areas I switch on the EV mode. Of course, it's not always easy to "choose" the way you want to drive all the time.
Been noticing, though, that I've been losing a little mpg from this 100 degree heat these days.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
That's a bit overboard for me. This car has several gauges already that help, and the best thing to watch for maximum MPG is your right foot! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts