Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I just purchased 2015 Ct200h eminent white with navigation with 69k. My first hybrid, I previously owned vw golf tdi and now gas sportwagen. CT200h is lady owned before, clean inside and out. First week of owning I had to replace tires because of cupping. Did an oil change and alignment last weekend. Today picked up from dealer, both front wheel bearings were replaced under warranty (69,901 miles). Engine and transmission sound very smooth, no "check engine" lights. Planning to change transmission fluid soon.
Question, naturally, is what else should I expect to do in terms of maintenance or repair?

·
Registered
8 Posts
nice setup, I have 14 CT F-Sport and a 13 Gas Sportwagen :-D They're definitely very different feeling cars but I enjoy driving both. Cupping tires is pretty common on hatchbacks which you're probably used to if you had the golf for a while haha. Do NOT try to change the trans fluid, it is a sealed system with lifetime fluids. The hybrid CVT's are pretty bulletproof, they're nothing like the nissan CVT's that fail at 70k.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice setup, I have 14 CT F-Sport and a 13 Gas Sportwagen :-D They're definitely very different feeling cars but I enjoy driving both. Cupping tires is pretty common on hatchbacks which you're probably used to if you had the golf for a while haha. Do NOT try to change the trans fluid, it is a sealed system with lifetime fluids. The hybrid CVT's are pretty bulletproof, they're nothing like the nissan CVT's that fail at 70k.
Hmm, it is strange that you strongly suggest not to change transmission fluid, because people in this forum and other lexus or toyota prius forums are "advocating" atf change starting 60k and they were happy to do that since atf was all black. CT200h takes only 3.5 quarts and pretty straightforward since there is no torque converter. I bought 4 quarts of toyota ws atf and 2 washers from a toyota dealer, $40 for all. I plan to do atf change mid april when i do an oil change.
PS I did an atf change on my 2011 sportwagen at 65k. That cost me around 250$ (oem parts and atf) since I replaced filter and gasket on aisin 09g transmission and put 6 liters of pentosin atf.

·
Registered
337 Posts
The CT gearbox is not a sealed unit and the fluid can be changed quite easily on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope it won't be difficult. I have a separate question regarding windshield, specifically the brand. I didn't pay attention when I bought my car. It says "fuyao" and I am sure it is not oem because all other window glasses come with lexus logo. Is that a nice option for oem?

·
Registered
337 Posts
It’s had a replacement screen fitted at some time. They’re all Lexus branded.
Gear oil change will be fine on these. Very straightforward to do. The drain and filler are right next to each other.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
It’s had a replacement screen fitted at some time. They’re all Lexus branded.
Gear oil change will be fine on these. Very straightforward to do. The drain and filler are right next to each other.

72.5k. I just did engine oil (castrol edge 0w20) and atf (toyota ws) change. Well, engine oil replacement was pretty easy. Oh God, ct200h is so low, it was very hard to work underneath with ramps and jack stands. As for atf change, I messed up almost all plastic clips for underneath cover, and the first question is where can I get those (part number)? I noticed three or four of them are bigger on the rear side.
Then I just loosened the fill plug. Then opened drain plug and drained the fluid. It was surprisingly still red, but I doubt previous owner changed it, though he took it only to a dealer for service. US 3.1 quarts come out. Then I put new plug washer, tightened drain plug, removed fill plug and pumped 3.1 quarts. According to youtube videos when it is full atf should come out from fill port. Nothing came out so I put 0.5 more and made it to the capacity in the owners manual, which says 3.6 US quarts. Still no fluid came out. I stopped there, put the new washer and put the drain plug back. Second question, why did only 3.1 come out? Is it because I didn't open fill port when draining and help the flow? I tried to level up the car but still there was around 5 degree angle on the driveway. And lastly, is it ok to overfill transmission with 0.5 quart atf?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts