Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found out our bulb sizes for this car, page 664 in the owners manual.

H11 for Halogen low beam and fog lights. Time to swap out the halogens with some aftermarket HID's. Too bad I couldn't equipment my car with the factory LED headlights. I didn't want to wait 3 months for the car I wanted so I opt for whatever they had in stock.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Picked up our car yesterday.

Drove with headlights on for the first time this morning in the dark, 05:30 DST would have been 04:30 yesterday.

I have to say the stock headlights are pretty good, bright and illuminate well.

The foglights have a much better illumination level and beam spread than the foglights on either of my BMW's. They also add a significant amount of illumination to the low beam pattern.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Picked up our car yesterday.

Drove with headlights on for the first time this morning in the dark, 05:30 DST would have been 04:30 yesterday.

I have to say the stock headlights are pretty good, bright and illuminate well.

The foglights have a much better illumination level and beam spread than the foglights on either of my BMW's. They also add a significant amount of illumination to the low beam pattern.
Does your car have the halogen low beams?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just placed an order for two sets of H11 Phillips 4300 HIDs for my low beam and fog lights. I'm excited and can't wait to pick up my car this Wednesday and install the lights later this week. I'll post some pictures up once they are done.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Coming from two vehicules with stock HID (07 IS350, 09 135i) I'm having a hard time with the stock bulbs....however I have this phobia with HID kits of cheap quality. Also whoever will install a HID kit, can you take pictures to show where you mounted the ballasts and if any water gets around there. It would be greatly appreicated....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for the link. I guess I'll look into this.....you believe this is actually real Philips stuff? Not so sure for the great price but let me know how it goes and some pics would be nice

·
Registered
31 Posts
Can anyone here offer help for installing an HID kit? I'm interested in going this route, but want to know if it's something I can do myself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
HID Install

I've converted a few of my older cars. Just got my CT200h, the low beams are H11 and can be converted, (fog are also H11). The stock low beams seem really good so I'm going to wait till I get some more night driving finished.

If your thinking of doing yours It is easy but youi will need to remove a few hose clamps to get access to the lights. The low beams are projectors so they should be ok to convert but the high beams are reflectors so it is not advisable to change to HID. It will scatter too much very bright light.

You may also need to install a relay that goes inline with the balast or the car will think a headlight is out. (HID's are more efficient and the computer will think a bulb is out). I've bought great quality kits at CarID 2011 Lexus CT Xenon Headlights | CT HID Kit I wouldn't buy from ebay or any of the cut rate sites.

Wiring is very easy and they supply great instructions. 5000K is very close to daylight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Brian,
It's been a few days. How's the HID conversion holding up? Still liking them? It's hard for me to spend the $1,300 on LED lights.. :\

I'm going to be ordering my CT this weekend, so I'm trying to nail down what I want. :)

-Mitch

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm curious to see how to access the headlight housing as well. Based on the pictures I've seen, it's as tight as skinny jeans in there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts