Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a deal for a base model CT coming in to LA soon. Seems available for pick up around the 7th - 10th of July.

For those of you who have picked up your CTs, could you post small problems you found? Might be good to have a list for those of us who have yet to pick them up.

I remember reading one person had some small dents in the roof liner near the drivers door.

One person didn't have the small electronics holder...

Any other issues to mention?

Thanks very much!

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Trim piece on passenger side comes off easily when pulling on the door handle.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Check the dealer only settings in case you want something changed (I think someone made a list in another thread for some of the settings that can be done)

I picked mine up and after a couple of days the reversing beep annoyed and distracted me so I went back and had it changed to just one beep when you put it into reverse much better now.

And that was my only problem luckily.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Check the dealer only settings in case you want something changed (I think someone made a list in another thread for some of the settings that can be done)

I picked mine up and after a couple of days the reversing beep annoyed and distracted me so I went back and had it changed to just one beep when you put it into reverse much better now.

And that was my only problem luckily.
I will try to find that thread.. thanks...

1. Electronic device holder
2. Headliner dents
3. Passenger handle trim
4. Reverse beep sound off

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Make sure you check the spare-tire to get your device holder that comes with all vehicles in the States.

·
Registered
92 Posts
For dealer-only items, I would recommend:

1) disabling the reverse beeps
2) disabling the seat belt beeps
3) activating option to roll down all windows when holding 'unlock' key on your key fob <--- this one is great!!

And definitely watch for that passenger door molding. I might even go as far to suggest that you try to dislodge it DURING pick-up, and give them a :eek: face, and say that's unacceptable for the FIRST time that door is getting closed!

Watch for the First-Aid kit in the trunk too - they've been missing before...

Congrats on your car!

·
Registered
164 Posts
3) activating option to roll down all windows when holding 'unlock' key on your key fob <--- this one is great
I used to have a car that if you held the key in the door turned for longer while locking the car all the windows would go up this was use full to make sure the car was secure.

What do you use the all windows down for ? Is it to cool the car before you get in on hot days.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I used to have a car that if you held the key in the door turned for longer while locking the car all the windows would go up this was use full to make sure the car was secure.

What do you use the all windows down for ? Is it to cool the car before you get in on hot days.
Exactly. I unfortunately have to park outside at work, and having all the windows down for a few seconds before getting in REALLY makes a difference! Too bad holding down the 'lock' button does not roll up the window!

I believe that if you hold the manual key in the slot to 'lock' the car, then the windows will go up? I shall try that later today!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Definitely check for the electronic device holder. I have the base model and was told (after I left the dealership and realized it was missing) that I only got one if it was listed on the window sticker. It wasn't. I sent my dealer an email pointing out that it's listed as standard on the website and in the brochure, so they're sending me one.

·
Registered
209 Posts
"What do you use the all windows down for ? Is it to cool the car before you get in on hot days."

Steve, I live in the damp cool north east of England and I have this on my GS, and it's wonderful in summer. I would think it was almost mandatory in the States :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For dealer-only items, I would recommend:

1) disabling the reverse beeps
2) disabling the seat belt beeps
3) activating option to roll down all windows when holding 'unlock' key on your key fob <--- this one is great!!

And definitely watch for that passenger door molding. I might even go as far to suggest that you try to dislodge it DURING pick-up, and give them a :eek: face, and say that's unacceptable for the FIRST time that door is getting closed!

Watch for the First-Aid kit in the trunk too - they've been missing before...

Congrats on your car!
Thanks!

I will be thinking about the Dealer Only programmable LPS (Lexus Personalized Settings) to make sure to get them as I need them.. there are a few more that I might change that others haven't mentioned. Will make more comments about those after I review and think about them more.

Find them here: http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/CT200h-without-nav-LPS.pdf

1. Electronic device holder
2. Headliner dents
3. Passenger handle trim
4. First Aid kit
5. Dealer set LPS
a. Revers Beep off
b. Seat Belt Beep off
c. All windows down option

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

#25 should be changed for this option. I will likely do it... don't see any reason not too.

No Nav
http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/CT200h-without-nav-LPS.pdf
With Nav
http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/CT200h-with-nav-LPS.pdf

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I think I'm going to negotiate prior to signing documents that these Dealer only changes are done before I pick up my car AND then I want to have the option for them to be changed one more time. The info I'm reading says you only get ONE chance to have these changed free. I think that is how I'm reading it anyway. Maybe they would be more flexible with this than only allowing one time?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I think I'm going to negotiate prior to signing documents that these Dealer only changes are done before I pick up my car AND then I want to have the option for them to be changed one more time. The info I'm reading says you only get ONE chance to have these changed free. I think that is how I'm reading it anyway. Maybe they would be more flexible with this than only allowing one time?

Wow that's a bit tight !

My dealer said if you need anything changing anytime just call the service department and if there not flat out drop in it only takes a few minuets.
Or you can get it changed when you have the car serviced they will have the computer plugged in anyway.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Exactly. I unfortunately have to park outside at work, and having all the windows down for a few seconds before getting in REALLY makes a difference! Too bad holding down the 'lock' button does not roll up the window!

I believe that if you hold the manual key in the slot to 'lock' the car, then the windows will go up? I shall try that later today!

Does anyone know if the moon roof can be set to open with the windows when you hold the button on the remote?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts