Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I replace things like the spark plugs, rear main seal or ANYTHING ELSE if the engine supposedly only had 49k on it? Added pics I snapped of the engine that was delivered. I'll share my story on the next comment on why I'm at this point.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is my story:
Just got my 2012 lexus Ct200h from a used car dealership. It had 160k and was running great. I payed Toyota $100 to do a pre-purchase inspection on it before buying it. They informed me it had a small leak (2 out of 5) coming from timing cover but other than that it was in great condition. I planned on getting this fixed along with installing a water pump at the same time. Fast forward 1 week I notice a slight shudder when taking off at low rpms (only happening after driving over 40 min and the engine was good and hot.) I get home read around on this forum and on the Prius chat forum and find that I probably have a bad headgasket and that these cars have 2 coolant tanks not just one and someone had said I bet one of them will be all but empty. Sure enough they were right.
My engine coolant reservoir was all but empty. After refilling it a few times I think my ststem was able to build a pressure so great that it started causing the car to misfire when I started it. I then decided to just order a used jdm engine that they claim has only 49k from what is hopefully a good company and have my trusted mechanic to install it. I'll keep y'all updated on who they are once I find out if they gave me a good engine or not.

·
Registered
2016 CT200h F Sport, Silver Lining Metallic
22 Posts
Any seals you can do while the engine is out.
Water pump gasket
Thermostat
Front crank seal
Rear main seal
If timing cover is slightly damp...pull valve cover, timing cover, and oil filter housing and reseal. There should be 2 orings for the oil filter housing. 3 orings under the timing cover, valve cover gasket, and 2 gaskets under the valve cover.
Drain oil
New oil filter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts