Lexus CT200h Forums banner

What MFG makes good rims for LEXUS

13K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  jimmyc13 
#1 ·
In general,

What company do you go with for aftermarket rims?

#15 ·
$3K is not expensive at all considering they are forged. If you're into bicycles, carbon wheels are more expensive! so 4 wheels for $3K is pretty reasonable. RAYS Engineering are awesome.

I will be putting VOLK RACING RE30's on my CT200h.

#20 ·
Yeah, I'm very interested in finding this out too. I did a bunch of searching online & no such luck. I want to make sure if I purchase an aftermarket wheel that it weighs close to OEM or lighter. I don't want to be adding 3 lbs per wheel and have my mileage suffer and really can't shell out $3,200 for Volks/Rays wheels, that's nuts.

#17 ·
probably the same weight as any standard 17" OE wheel. In the range of 20-23lbs.

If you go with a forged quality wheel like a Volk Racing or a BBS....you can get down as far as 15lbs!

#19 ·
Plus each rim needs a tire pressure monitoring sensor TPMS

A set of 4 from tire rack are $288 free install when installed by tire rack at time of purchasing rims.

Then the TPMS has to be initialized at the dealer!

Too bad - in my BMW I reset the TPMS myself inside the car

• Your vehicle is equipped with a tire pressure monitoring system that requires a sensor to be installed in the tire and wheel assembly for proper operation.
    At this time, Tire Rack does not have sensors available for your vehicle. The original sensors from your original wheels can be used or you may purchase new sensors elsewhere. The wheel you have selected is not designed to accept tire pressure monitoring system sensors. The Original Equipment sensors from your Original Equipment wheels may be compatible with the new wheels you selected. Please consult the "Important Notes" link found online for more information or call Tire Rack for assistance.

A TPMS repair/rebuild kit is required when sensors are reused.

As an option you may purchase the sensors listed below. They are compatible with both your vehicle's TPMS and the wheel you have selected.
    Additional Information
    A trained technician should perform installation of your sensors after your new wheels are shipped to you. Tire Rack's Recommended Installers are available to help you with your installation needs and can be selected by ZIP Code in the shopping cart.
    Once installed, you will need to read your vehicle's owner's manual to review the proper procedure for allowing your vehicle to "recognize" the new sensors.

For most vehicles we offer other wheel options that will accept sensors.
    Use Wheel Search to find compatible wheels, or contact us for further assistance.
    Additional Information
    Without the sensors you will not receive notification of pressure loss in your tires. While some customers choose to use wheels without sensors, Tire Rack is unable to provide information on the effect this will have on your vehicle or the warnings and information it provides regarding tire pressure.

Your system includes:
    315MHz Tire Pressure Sensor
    $288.00 for a quantity of 4

Total Price: $288.00
    Additional Information
    If you purchase a Tire & Wheel Package when you buy new sensors, the sensors will be installed on the wheels at no additional charge. Otherwise, you will have to arrange for installation by a trained technician after your new wheels are shipped to you. Tire Rack's Recommended Installers are available to help you with your installation needs and can be selected by ZIP Code in the shopping cart.
    Once installed, you will need to read your vehicle's owner's manual to review the proper procedure for allowing your vehicle to "recognize" the new sensors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.