Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a button on my dashboard not covered in the manual. It related to air intake and the symbol is of an arrow coming through two columns of dots. My guess would have been that it is a 'switchable' pollen filter but I have never heard of one. Can anybody advise me please?
Grille Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Registered
Lexus CT200h Business Line Pro , 2011, Tungsten Pearl
62 Posts
From an old thread with the same question:

The manual from the online Lexus service says:
"Micro dust and pollen filter button.
Operates micro dust and pollen filter on/off. Outside air mode switches to (recirculated air) mode. Pollen is removed from the air and the air flows to the upper part of the body. Usually the system will turn off automatically after approximately 3 minutes."

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
481 Posts
From an old thread with the same question:

The manual from the online Lexus service says:
"Micro dust and pollen filter button.
Operates micro dust and pollen filter on/off. Outside air mode switches to (recirculated air) mode. Pollen is removed from the air and the air flows to the upper part of the body. Usually the system will turn off automatically after approximately 3 minutes."
I wonder why it turns off after 3 minutes. Is outside air automatically filtered when the setting is set to outside air?

·
Registered
4 Posts
It redirects the airflow through top vents and filters the inside cabin air for a few minutes. Replaceable filter inside the glove compartment. You can buy carbon replacement filters on Amazon (cheaper than Lexus).

·
Super Moderator
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
357 Posts
Yea, but why does it turn off after only a few minutes? Just curious
My guess is that it's programmed to turn off after a few minutes because whoever designed it figured that this was enough time to filter out enough. Maybe running the filter constantly would use it up or clog it up faster without much additional benefit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a button on my dashboard not covered in the manual. It related to air intake and the symbol is of an arrow coming through two columns of dots. My guess would have been that it is a 'switchable' pollen filter but I have never heard of one. Can anybody advise me please?
View attachment 61359
I use this button to clear out nasty farts. Works well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My guess is that it's programmed to turn off after a few minutes because whoever designed it figured that this was enough time to filter out enough. Maybe running the filter constantly would use it up or clog it up faster without much additional benefit.
so, are you saying, that the cabin filter behind the glove box is only used when you press this button?

·
Registered
4 Posts
View attachment 61359
It’s a fart button. Activate at the time and it will run for 3 minutes as the interior air is filtered.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts